PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catching?

Skinny
08-22-2014, 06:45 PM
Its awful quiet here! Anyone catching anything out there. Gonna head out monday if its worth the drive.

Fnguyen5992
08-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Its awful quiet here! Anyone catching anything out there. Gonna head out monday if its worth the drive.

It was a lil tough in the morn, in the afternoon was better. The bites there, in about 30ft of water.

HawgZWylde
08-22-2014, 09:09 PM
Yup, top-water early around shallow structure then match the hatch, baby Bass are everywhere. Jigs and t-rigged creatures are working for me as well. Watch out, lots of shallow rock piles, ledges and peaks. We found 3 last Tuesday with no markers. One was 60 yards offshore...

ZipperWurm
08-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Fished it this morning till about noon. Caught one that went around 2.5# and like 10 tiny dinks, they were everywhere. Couldnt seem to find any bigger fish that would go. The guy who tags the boats said the bite was picking up, but the lake dropped like another 3ft overnight...so yeah :-/

chompot
08-23-2014, 07:11 PM
I am debating on fishing DVL or Perris in the morning. I guess I will figure it out once I hook the boat up in the morning. When I was there 2 weeks ago there were so many damn baby bass in there that it was tough to get bit.

Skinny
08-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I've fished Perris the last few weeks. It's been slow too. Baby bass is a good sign tho, hopefully that dont all get eaten. Thanks for the heads up on the rocks Hawgs. Last time i had a couple scares i cant imagine it now with even lower water. Slow goin it is! Thanks again.

HawgZWylde
08-24-2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I've fished Perris the last few weeks. It's been slow too. Baby bass is a good sign tho, hopefully that dont all get eaten. Thanks for the heads up on the rocks Hawgs. Last time i had a couple scares i cant imagine it now with even lower water. Slow goin it is! Thanks again.

I'll tell ya man, if the lake manages to remain open for late winter-spring, with all that shallow structure and those flats out there, it's gonna go off...

Pete Marino
08-24-2014, 11:07 AM
you might want to go to Perris... the bite has been wide open lately.. Its a morning bite for sure till about noon maybe 1 if there are clouds or fog.. Ive been killing it out there. Yesterday was the last day I was there and it was pretty darn good for a Saturday.. During the week is much better though

Pete

Skinny
08-24-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks For the info Pete. I cant stand fishing there on the weekend.

Pete Marino
08-24-2014, 11:55 PM
surprisingly enough the lake was pretty quiet yesterday until about noonish..when we left at 1pm it was a madhouse but great before that.. The crowds during the week are good all day... The after noon on the weekends suck though.

Pete

chompot
08-25-2014, 08:02 AM
I did Perris yesterday. Off the water by 10:30 or so I believe. I am still learning to fish deep structure. We caught about 5 on the boat best being 2 1/2 lbs or so. Nothing on topwater early which was surprising. Probably due to the spot I picked to fish.

Traffic was semi busy but not out of control. Like Pete said I would not mess with a weekend afternoon.

I agree with HawgZ suggestion of DVL. If we maintain this current depth we could see a stellar Winter and into Spring.

Baja1ab
09-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Is anyone fishing the Jewel? Slow 'round here...

Crickets...crickets....

Skinny
09-13-2014, 01:36 PM
I went on monday, got a nice 3 lber on a creature early but noticed a lot of small shad being pushed around so i tried out a spy bait. Had a blast catching smaller bass and big bluegills on it. One smallmouth fell for it too. Nothing big at all but a fun day for sure.