PDA

View Full Version : Rental trolling round 5, with some T/W!

catchingsomefish
08-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Very nice day today, very very little lake lice, got out to the spot where they were boiling this morning, trouble was, one of the young fellas from the tackle shop and his friends were right where the big boil was, so I stayed on the periphery, got my KPN tagged a few times but no hookup. One of those guys caught a real nice one, looked like it could have gone DD! They were pretty excited, as was I for them. Went to the troll, tons of bait, tons of fish in the bait, and I think my urigs had fish repellant on them. Not even a bump for an hour and a half, running right through them for nada, used 4 different colors, and even a rig I copied from the fellows in Bakersfield, LOL, still no go, frustrated I left to find biting fish, which I found soon thereafter,but just one. On to the other side, ran into Dan, Loweboat, chatted for a second, then on out to the ski arm. Still no takers on the troll, got out by them dam, and see some major popping by this point, out comes my trusty KPN, and landed 3 really nice ones, around 4-5 pounds each, and a huge green carp also. That died down, took off trolling metering tons of shad, but the active fish were deeper, let my rigs out further, picked up a few more, called it a day around 3, 7 stripers, 1 carp. It was frustrating seeing so many fish in the right zone, but not being able to get them to go. That is where a real boat, with two rods would be real handy, as you can try two colors at a time to see what they like. I have to try one at a time, then run through some schools to see if they are liking it or not, then change it out, try again, but hey, thats why it is called fishing!...................Dave

TroutOnly
08-21-2014, 07:48 PM
sounds like a nice day on the water with little or no lake lice ,i'll be there tomorrow................bob............

trail blazer
08-21-2014, 08:25 PM
Another top notch report dave,,,,class act,,THANKS

TRAIL BLAZER

Stumpknocker
08-22-2014, 05:25 AM
Good job, keeping at it until it works...7 fish is a good day, if you keep in mind what it's like to skunk!

catchingsomefish
08-22-2014, 06:59 AM
Good job, keeping at it until it works...7 fish is a good day, if you keep in mind what it's like to skunk!

You are absolutely correct, usually the days I cant find the fish are the tough ones, yesterday I found them all over the place, just couldn't get em to go.............

fishinone
08-22-2014, 08:53 AM
Great report Dave.

The rental guys should comp you for the reports.