PDA

View Full Version : Blue Gill

TED MILLS
08-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Ok for the first time in my life I am going Blue Gill fishing, tomorrow is the big day, I have dug up some earth worms , and I will go to Wall Mart and see what they have in Blue Gill Power Bait.
HOPE TO CATCH A BUNCH AND RELEASE THEM, YOU KNOW I AM KIND OF EXCITED .

TED

Reefmo
08-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

TED MILLS
08-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Reefmo, I sure will and thank you for wanting a reply

Ted

DEVOREFLYER
08-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Ted pick up some crickets or grubs aka "Bluegill Candy".

TED MILLS
08-21-2014, 03:22 PM
My thread did not go thru, Ok I will get some, I melted down some Valvetta cheese and put garlic powder in it and made balls out of them

old pudd fisher
08-21-2014, 05:58 PM
My thread did not go thru, Ok I will get some, I melted down some Valvetta cheese and put garlic powder in it and made balls out of them Hey Ted Trout might like that better. Gills will like your garden worms very much though. Good luck and waiting for the report.

fisherman951
08-21-2014, 07:25 PM
good luck out there. looking forward for ur report

TED MILLS
08-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks ok I will leave the cheese at home thanks a lot

TED MILLS
08-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Thank you fisherman 951 , that was good of you

Ted

DEVOREFLYER
08-21-2014, 07:36 PM
It's been a long long time since I fished for Bluegills. I used to fly fish for them and dug up some of my flies that I tied to catch them with.
San Juan worms, Black and Brown Ants, Foam Beatles and Grubs. The Grubs were made from latex glove material. I got to get out and try it again as it was fun on a fly rod and they also taste great.

http://i.imgur.com/kHnZtjr.jpg

Perris Bluegill Chaser
08-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Bluegills love crickets and wax worms. Red ears go for worms more.
My thread did not go thru, Ok I will get some, I melted down some Valvetta cheese and put garlic powder in it and made balls out of them

TED MILLS
08-22-2014, 04:45 AM
Ok Perris Bluegill Chaser thank you for the replt, will have to start getting supplies for them
Ted

TED MILLS
08-22-2014, 04:46 AM
WOW look at those will shop around thanks

Ted

TED MILLS
08-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Well had a good time out there today, hey I caught one Blue Gill, I was in eighteen to twenty three feet of water , caught this one next to the little pier at Sail Cove, the peir is closed to people right now, I used garden worms this trip, will get cricketts soon, tried one piece of my cheese gargic bait and got tons of nipples from little fish, it felt good to feel the pole move so I did not try to hook them.
I saw on my fish finder two bunches of blue gill crossing across me behind the four buyes in deep water, I conferned it with two guys who came in when I did, they saw them also,
Thank you for all your helping hands, I want to do it again but first my reel fell apart , two pieces, I have some Gurilla glue to fix it, went to Wallmart looking for Blue gill bait , they had none so I bought some Crappie Bites will try them,
Ps. AND THE SKY WAS BLUE WITH WHITE CLOUDS , SO THERE , HAHA
ted

Perris Bluegill Chaser
08-22-2014, 03:42 PM
good job...wait until you taste one. there so good.
Well had a good time out there today, hey I caught one Blue Gill, I was in eighteen to twenty three feet of water , caught this one next to the little pier at Sail Cove, the peir is closed to people right now, I used garden worms this trip, will get cricketts soon, tried one piece of my cheese gargic bait and got tons of nipples from little fish, it felt good to feel the pole move so I did not try to hook them.
I saw on my fish finder two bunches of blue gill crossing across me behind the four buyes in deep water, I conferned it with two guys who came in when I did, they saw them also,
Thank you for all your helping hands, I want to do it again but first my reel fell apart , two pieces, I have some Gurilla glue to fix it, went to Wallmart looking for Blue gill bait , they had none so I bought some Crappie Bites will try them,
Ps. AND THE SKY WAS BLUE WITH WHITE CLOUDS , SO THERE , HAHA
ted

old pudd fisher
08-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the post Ted .... The name Ted, well that's my name to. Glad you got a gill. keep it up and get a big one. They like structure so they can hide from the bigger fish keep that in mind.

castle
08-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Good report Ted, keep at it.

TED MILLS
08-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Thank you Castle , a lot, I love fishing and for sure the out doors, when a kid in Penna I made camp in the snow in the back yard and cooked and made a fire

TED MILLS
08-23-2014, 06:35 AM
Well Ted glad to see you are spelling it right, are blue gill in shallow and deep water, saw a bunch being chased the other day ,they almost went ashore, thanks for your continous support

TED