PDA

View Full Version : Fishing off Kayak on BBL for our anniversary - where to start?

Ultralight
08-19-2014, 09:49 PM
For our anniversary, my wife suggested that we go Kayaking on BBL this weekend on our tandem and suggested that we combine that and fishing. Music to my ears.

But not a clue how. Can I troll within 10 feet of the surface? Is there a preferred loop for trolling? If we minijig, woudl that work or just use metal lures?

Thanks in advance for any help. Don't min PM either if you prefer. Either way.

Thanks!

UL

tomar19
08-20-2014, 10:41 AM
I've yaked the lake six times in August, and it's been kinda slow. I'll send a PM with details, but my best day (6 fish) I trolled at about 10-15' on a very slow troll.

Ultralight
08-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Tomar,thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

UL

redondo todd
08-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Ultralight, I was up last weekend with my boat next to the log boom by the dam ,and they were on the top 10-20 foot mark on my fish finder. I was only able to land one on a night crawler 6 feet under a bobber, and saw a couple caught in the morning , fished until 2 pm . Redondo Todd.

Baseballfreak25
08-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Right now is not the time for fishing in big bear since the water temperature has been warm. For trolling though you do not have to cast out or let line out too deep to catch trout there. If you want to fish there after this trip I would recommend late September to early November for the best fishing.

Doghunter
08-20-2014, 02:50 PM
I was up there this weekend also, the only fish are in the area near the dam, but it was a mad house around the dam. I was picking up a ton of fish on my graph between 8 and 20 feet but trying to get them to bite was tough. We trolled numerous needlefish, Rapala's and Thomas lures at different depths and speeds and managed to only catch 4 small trout. We trolled for about 4 1/2hrs.

Blair