PDA

View Full Version : 8/17 Skinner slow

ddoskocil
08-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Bright hot summer day. Got one schoolie striper on the troll 5 minutes in, but my rookie striper buddy farmed it at the boat. Ha ha! Thought it was on. Nope. Saw a few single scattered boils the next hour, no takers on topwater or the troll. Off to look for LMB. The North east end was waaaaayyyyyy overgrown with tall thick grass, almost unfishable. Hit the south shore. Saw a lot of cruisers, less grass, but no takers. Off by 10, getting hot. Tons of 1-3" baby bass, and a few baby gills, looks like spawn was real good.

Fnguyen5992
08-18-2014, 07:22 PM
Bright hot summer day. Got one schoolie striper on the troll 5 minutes in, but my rookie striper buddy farmed it at the boat. Ha ha! Thought it was on. Nope. Saw a few single scattered boils the next hour, no takers on topwater or the troll. Off to look for LMB. The North east end was waaaaayyyyyy overgrown with tall thick grass, almost unfishable. Hit the south shore. Saw a lot of cruisers, less grass, but no takers. Off by 10, getting hot. Tons of 1-3" baby bass, and a few baby gills, looks like spawn was real good.

You only got 1 fish?

ddoskocil
08-18-2014, 08:01 PM
We were in too tight to the tullies, they are out on 10-15 feet. We were driving right over them. Stay out deeper and long casts in, ds or t-rig. It was my first trip out there in a while, and in a newly bought boat, trying to get a feel for the trolling motor and boat positioning, and we left at 10.

trout masterson
08-19-2014, 08:58 PM
This rookie is ready for his rematch!!!! Had a great time on your new boat. That thing is sick.