PDA

View Full Version : Halibut and Grilled Vegetables

sky
10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Prepare Basil-Garlic Butter Sauce prior to going on your camping trip or outing, and store it inyour cooler in a Tupperware container. Take it out of the cooler when you begin
to prepare your fish, so it softens.

Sauce
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup minced fresh basil, 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
and 1/2 cup butter (that has been left out at room temperature and is soft, not melted.) Mix together until blended, then season it with a little pepper.

Grill
Cut 1" thick halibut steaks - (Try to cut all of the fish steaks the same thickness, about one inch thick.)
2 tablespoons olive oil

Gut and clean then rinse the halibut and lightly pat it dry with a paper towel. Cut all of the fish steaks the same thickness, about one inch thick. Brush both sides of fish steaks with olive oil. I use a paper towel that I throw in the fire once I am done, so I don't attract any bears.

Place fish on a well greased grill about 4 to 6" above hot charcols.
Cook, turning only once (with a metal spatula that's the trick) until it flakes when you poke it with a fork in the thickest part. About 8 to 10 minutes.

Remove fish from grill with a metal spatula so they don't fall apart.
Pour the Basil garlic butter on the top of the halibut.

Serve with some roasted vegetables:

Corn without the husk: Peel off husk and silk, rinse and put olive oil on corn, grill for 8 minutes turning several times.

Zucchini & Mushrooms on a metal skewer. Cut the stems off the mushrooms, and cut zucchini in 3/4 " thick diameter slices. Brush with olive oil, put on metal skewers, and grill about 10 minutes. Turning occasionally. (You can add small cherry tomatoes also)

It only takes about 20 minutes to prepare and cook.

Fisher-of-Men
10-04-2007, 06:13 AM
That sounds really good Sky! MMMMMM!

I'll have to try that! Thanks for posting it! :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

Troutman65
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
That sounds really good Sky! MMMMMM!

I'll have to try that! Thanks for posting it! :wink:

Fisher-of-Men

Ditto.

TM65