PDA

View Full Version : Can I launch my Kayak on Big Bear Lake

Ultralight
08-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Live in the mountains but have not done any kayaking at BBL. I have an inflatable Kayak (3 air chamberes) and wonder if anyone can tell me the policy for launching personal Kayaks there. Any charges? Any suggestions as where I can launch?

Also, technically I can mount a small electric motor on mine though there is no intention to do so now. Does that change the regulation for my launch?

Thanks!
UL

bowler
08-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Yes you will have to pay. Check out this website http://www.bbmwd.com for the fees.

tomar19
08-17-2014, 08:56 PM
You can go to the public launches or any of the rental places for your sticker, just make sure everything is bone dry. I was told that it does not have to be placed on the kayak (some don't stick) but you must have it with you to present when asked (you will be). I've been launching just past the red house on the North shore and fishing near the damn. Once you have your sticker you can launch from anywhere you have access on the lake that works for you. Have fun.

Baseballfreak25
08-17-2014, 09:07 PM
Yes you can, but you will have to pay a fee. The public launch ramp on the east side of the lake is free. You will also have to go through an inspection before your launch.

Ultralight
08-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone. What a great forum.

I was told that no matter where I launch at BBL, I need to pay $20 for a day. Or $50 for an annual pass.

And if I add a trolling motor, then it is $120 for a year, PLUS I have to register my Kayak with DMV. Wow!

Thanks,
UL