PDA

View Full Version : 8/15 my how things change.

P.A.W.
08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Just yesterday I posted a report of a 30+ striper day. Went back today and it was totally different. Started off with us not getting through the secondary gate until after 6:30! Anyway got to the magic spot and took over 1/2 hour to land 2 fish. Then another 20 minutes of nada. Took off to troll and only found 2 in my whole tour of the lake. Back to the starting spot for 1 more and that was it. The exact same Rapala and retrieve was just not working. I left at 10:30 so didn't have time to explore deeper waters. The overcast cool temps of yesterday was responsible for the insane bite I'm sure.

Big-Bob
08-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Thats the Skinner we know. Insane bite one day and completely shut down the next. Hopefully we get some more overcast cool mornings like we had yesterday.

DEVOREFLYER
08-14-2014, 01:04 PM
Sounds like every ocean trip in my life "Ya should have been here yesterday" we killed um!!!

ddoskocil
08-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Seriously - I missed tuna twice the last 2 weeks, both days water temp dropped and they sunk a little too far south...stupid fish. Still gonna hit Skinner Sunday, though for a quick session.

Fnguyen5992
08-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Just yesterday I posted a report of a 30+ striper day. Went back today and it was totally different. Started off with us not getting through the secondary gate until after 6:30! Anyway got to the magic spot and took over 1/2 hour to land 2 fish. Then another 20 minutes of nada. Took off to troll and only found 2 in my whole tour of the lake. Back to the starting spot for 1 more and that was it. The exact same Rapala and retrieve was just not working. I left at 10:30 so didn't have time to explore deeper waters. The overcast cool temps of yesterday was responsible for the insane bite I'm sure.

Wow that's nuts!

Fnguyen5992
08-15-2014, 07:12 PM

I went today and.....damn!! You weren't kidding about the 30 stripers! Killed it today, felt good! But the LMB was sad...I had a hard time locating them.