PDA

View Full Version : Rental boat round 3

catchingsomefish
08-10-2014, 07:40 PM
OK, after seeing and hearing about the epic blowups, and wide open bite, I cancelled a previous engagement, and talked my wife into enduring another day on the lake, she actually enjoys it.......While waiting for the park to open, ran into DK, Donald it was good to see you again, and I met Musthuntandfish, and his friend who's name escapes me, sorry. Got the gear into the boat and headed out to the spot, actually had a boat that got out of its own way, perhaps the turbo model?. 20 minutes after everyone else got there, I finally arrived, put the fish finder into the holder, and to my dismay, very little bait, very few fish, the water looked like glass, but no boiling that I saw....Out comes the urig, and I start to troll, and the whole area was pretty deserted, bubbler was off too. Up the line I went and picked up 8 schoolies in about 20 minutes, a couple of double hookups, then I decided I was going to go check out necktie cyn, trouble was my nice turbo boat had a red light glaring, and was in limp mode....Crap, made it back to the ramp in 50 minutes, painful journey, trolled all the way up the east side against traffic, as with the ski boats, I didnt want to get run over attempting to get to the opposite side. Complete desert the whole way, switched boats, and ran up the other side of the lake, my wife says " look, they are boiling"!!!, boiling they were, trouble was it was like watching a featherweight fight, the stripers involved were about the same size of the shad, and they completely surrounded the boat! First the broken boat, now micro stripers, is this a hoax, perhaps a cruel joke? Undaunted, I tried to troll in heavy boat traffic, picked up one more, now the ski boat waves were making trolling this area impossible, and the dinky boat is getting hammered broadside by waves. Back to the other side, and I had a chance to meet Dan, DMS who I had said hello to in passing earlier in the troll. Long story longer, quit around 3:30, it was hot, and I was beat, we took home 19 the largest was 4 pounds, most in the 2-3 pound range. It was good seeing everyone, wished I would have gotten into a "real" boil, but such is fishing!......................Dave

cutbait
08-10-2014, 07:46 PM
The rental boat reaper strikes again!

Keep on keep in on

fishinone
08-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Very cool Dave! You're putting up some pretty good numbers in those rental boats.

trail blazer
08-10-2014, 07:56 PM
No body but you slays out of a rental, and with a slow bite also, much respect

TRAIL BLAZER

DMS
08-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Dave,
Nice seeing you and chatting. I ended up keeping my 10 and tossing back 20 for a nice day on the water. I found lots of great marks but many must have been gorged from yesterday. All the fish I cut had empty stomachs. Only one fish casting the rest trollamatic. Saw 2 deer eating shore grass. You really have to work in those rentals to troll. Have to hand it to you. See you on the water
Dms

catchingsomefish
08-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks guys for the props, today was tough with all the traffic, but you just got to keep plugging along...............Dave

TroutOnly
08-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I think you had a good teacher...............

catchingsomefish
08-11-2014, 07:00 AM
I KNOW I had a good teacher.........................Thank you again Bob......................Dave

TroutOnly
08-11-2014, 03:50 PM
YOURE WELCOME DAVE ITS NICE TO TUTOR SOMEONE WHOES CLEAN AND SOBER AND RESPECTFULL TO ALL THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE PASSED ON TO HELP MAKE YOU A BADAZZ FISHERMAN AND KILL MR STRIPEY AT WILL.......................bob...........