PDA

View Full Version : El Nino In Full Swing, Super Rare Aqueduct Exotic Once In A Lifetime

Fishbones
08-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Continuing with my mission of conquering a mega duct DD I find myself fishing a lot and when your fishing a lot at

certain spots things are bound to happen, some good, some bad, and some just simply amazing leaving you speechless.

as my usual routine I either start from west to east or east to west and try to cover as much water as I can but

sometimes get stuck at certain spots forever chasing my striper senses and reading the water and conditions which look

promising. Well today was a once in a lifetime, never going happen again, even the bako boys wont accomplish this

victory at hand. So anyways I leave work around 5pm and head up the line, traffic sucks around this time so im a

patient man just waiting my turn in the vehicle rat race and finally make it past the bozo's with the duct in my sight it

was time for a game plan, turn and burn until you find a dumb one willing to boogie. First spot I hit everything looked

amazing, almost too perfect conditions and the assault begins, Mr Wasabi KPN is working water, glowing as it wiggles

and rattles leaving me confidant he will produce, ok a few more casts and I decide to hit it later with almost perfect

conditions I didn't want to leave but nobody home yet, so I carry on my adventure and search of my mega duct DD

striper. A few hours go by a few spots unturned with nobody home and im just as focused as the first cast and cant get

that first spot out my head, everything was there to make it happen, wind, current, sun, shade, with just enough flavor

in the air to tell me its going to happen here. I rush back to my honey hole with great hopes of finally finding what ive

been looking for, and oh boy was I wrong, wrong as in the wrong kind but an unbelievable once in a lifetime catch for

the record books, one that will go down forever in the history of the duct, making me quite possibly the only man to

ever accomplish a catch like this, so ill start here, I walk up and everything was perfect just like earlier when I left and I

was quite surprised to not see anyone there fishing,, all to myself,, perfect.. I start my half mile walk up current and

work my way back down to the start, about to give up I follow my intuition and keep casting, and casting, knowing

something is here just trying to find the right retrieve presentation I finally get a bite,,PA POWWWW.. this thing takes off

screaming up the duct running like no other ive caught before, I say to myself wow this guy is strong for a summertime

skinny, and as I watch the line on my spool get lower and lower I realize I have to chase this thing down as I can see my

backing, by this time im completely at awed and start thinking this is the one,, take your time Fishbones he's all yours

and just as I start to gain some line hes off again like a bat out of hell,, man what the hell is this im thinking to myself,

Finally starting to tire and gain some line back now it just feels like a heavy potato sack with a few pulls here and there

to tell me its still there, by this time im ready.. ready to slide this beast in, but I havnt seen it yet,,, and finally,,,,, there

it is,,, OMG im amazed and shocked jaw just about on the ground low and behold its a beast....

My new duct personal best and obviously a once in a lifetime catch...

a catch only dreams are made out of...

for the record books and a lifetime of memories...

Hers she is................

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_20140808_190445_578_zps7563bc8d.jpg

LOLLLLLLLL,

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/Screenshot_2014-07-05-22-41-39_zps210173c1.png

trail blazer
08-10-2014, 11:45 AM
lol.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You aint right FBONES,,,,,,,,,,,,Your right though,,,,,,,,,,Once in a lifetime!

How big was the 2nd one?

You da MANNNNN

T/B

cutbait
08-10-2014, 11:51 AM
OK. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

This Bako Boy is now on a mission

Nice fresh Boney!

fishinone
08-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Wow! That is rare. Nice fish there! Why bother with the second one?

DanS
08-10-2014, 12:03 PM
How in the heck did that fish get down here? Is it possible for a fish that size to go through the pumps without getting pulverized. How many lbs was it?

Double A
08-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Damn, you sucked me into that one good.
The whole time I was reading, I was thinking, he snagged a freight train sturgeon.
Nicely done Fbones. TB is right... You ain't right. That was dam funny.

DanS
08-10-2014, 06:53 PM
I feel dumb for buying into that one. Of course it has to be true if it is the internet!

TroutOnly
08-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Nice tuna alex......................

DockRat
08-10-2014, 10:21 PM
HaHaHaHaHaHa
Duct Tuna...

StripedBassReaper
08-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Nice story... totally fake without a video of it being pulled from the duct. You can totally see the fish pupil is not even dark like the striper below. Tuna long gone dead and was taking at the duct. Good story though.

fishinone
08-11-2014, 11:02 AM
You can totally see the fish pupil is not even dark like the striper below.

That's just camera angle! :LOL:

jdduckman
08-11-2014, 11:31 AM
I was really hoping for Northern Pike or Muskie. Something truly exotic. A tuna in the Aqueduct...........but I read it til the end of course!

cutbait
08-11-2014, 11:32 AM
Nice story... totally fake without a video of it being pulled from the duct. You can totally see the fish pupil is not even dark like the striper below. Tuna long gone dead and was taking at the duct. Good story though.

No way. Fishbones would never ever make something up like this.

Im 100% behind FB.. if he said he caught it in the duct HECAUGHTITINTHEDUCT

Double A
08-11-2014, 11:37 AM

You nailed it!!! The color difference in the pupils is a dead give away.
WOW!!!
Alex, try to fix the color of that tunas eye & you'll have a believer.

troutdog
08-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Ha-ha, great read Alex....keep the fishbones stories coming (nice shirt btw!)

TD

ZipperWurm
08-11-2014, 12:41 PM

http://media.giphy.com/media/kwQfk9zUJ6eVq/giphy.gif

catfishkid1
08-11-2014, 12:52 PM
I was thinking the same thing...........one helluva big sturgeon on the run!! GREAT story anyway, had me on the edge of my seat!!

cutbait
08-11-2014, 01:48 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/kwQfk9zUJ6eVq/giphy.gif

Me lol

Me like

trollmiester
08-11-2014, 03:09 PM
is that called --the duct sasami-- I want some

Anglerism
08-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Cool Story bro! LOL

Which Way Out
08-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I've heard TO throws em back when their that small.

Fun read Alex

WWO

simijab
08-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

MustHuntAndFish
08-12-2014, 07:46 PM
That's some funny shat Fishbones!

You're an A-hole for trolling and getting us all to bite... Lol!

Some fell harder than most though... Haha!

Fishbones
08-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Glad everyone enjoyed the read. Truth be told it was caught at Castaic lower lagoon.
Duct bite has slowed a little but that's when you pop into high gear and push harder and farther trying to beat the skunk.
That fish "striper" was a rock drop bite.. Hiding in the shade locked out the siphon by a closed gate..
Practically hit him in the head.. Lol but happy to have caught it. Still no mega duct DD and prob not till fall but I'll keep
trying and fishing it hard until then.

ZipperWurm
08-14-2014, 04:53 PM
how much did that thing end up weighing?

Fishbones
08-14-2014, 07:32 PM
I honestly didn't weigh it, but wish I should have,, it was a nicer grade,

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_20140706_245531_177_zps5670c3c6.jpg

this ones for you cutbait..
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_20140705_175137_503_zps0af76066.jpg

and this one,
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_20140720_162030_991_zpsf3e20099.jpg

and cant leave my buddy TB out, this one for you
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_20140719_161009_269_zps9ef9b0ff.jpg
Rattle snake on the fly rod. lol

trail blazer
08-15-2014, 06:35 AM
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r428/AROCK1_photos/IMG_20140719_161009_269_zps9ef9b0ff.jpg

Thanks bro,,,,,,,,,,,,at work this yr iv seen no less then 20 of the little buggers scurrying around, Thanks for the SWEET pic,, Just a little reminder to all duct fishermen to keep an eye out,,

T/B

Fishbones
08-15-2014, 06:26 PM
that was actually the first one I ever seen at the duct..lol
and yes guys keep yerr eyes open.. I sure know I do..
forgot my boots last trip out and was wearing sandals till about 10 pm..