PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart runs over and kills fellow racer in sprint cars-WARNING GRAPHIC!!!

AngryAgent
08-10-2014, 09:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLYF-cw6oA4

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/11334217/tony-stewart-not-race-hitting-killing-kevin-ward-jr

HawgZWylde
08-10-2014, 10:06 AM
I read this a little while ago. So tragic...

cutbait
08-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Tony is Done...

Regardless how it goes down

DEVOREFLYER
08-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Sponsors lost in 5-4-3-2-1-0.

AngryAgent
08-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Tony is Done...

Regardless how it goes down

Sponsors lost in 5-4-3-2-1-0.

No and No. I don't believe they will drop him especially if a criminal case isn't filed which it looks like there won't be. Remember the world we live in, and even more so todays society where the almighty dollar is the driving force behind everything. He is a draw and will be a much larger draw now.

seal
08-10-2014, 02:47 PM
I am not a Tony fan. Guy seems to have a Napolean complex. But and a big but, just because the guy has a temper the jump to intentionally hitting somebody with a vehicle is a huge one and you can see on the video how dark it was with Ward in a dark suit and the right hand side with the wing makes visibility coming from that direction that much worse.

Think a young man made a huge mistake.

Lose sponsors, come on guys that could quite likely rebound negatively against the sponsors.

cutbait
08-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Clint Bowyer and Michael Waltrip racing lost its sponsors last year for something a lot less.

NASCAR sponsors jump ship.

Lol at the "it was too dark". Meanwhile they are racing at 100+ mph in that "darkness".

By witness accounts Tony revved his engine to fish tale mud on the kid. **** happend and his back end got loose

trail blazer
08-10-2014, 04:25 PM
BAD BAD deal,,,,,,,,,,,,terrible for all involved,,,,Terrible for those youngans in the stands also,,,,,,,,A great sport and things happen HOWEVER,,,JMO Tony is done one way or another,,,,,Maby not PETE ROSE done but done none the less,,,JMO,,,,,,

One thing is for sure,,,,,,,,,,The race orgs will really crack down on driver EVER exiting the cars with aggressive intentions,,,,,,,,Thats how they will fix this I think,,,TONY has done the same thing many times and others too NOT any more

T/B

cutbait
08-10-2014, 04:28 PM
BAD BAD deal,,,,,,,,,,,,terrible for all involved,,,,Terrible for those youngans in the stands also,,,,,,,,A great sport and things happen HOWEVER,,,JMO Tony is done one way or another,,,,,Maby not PETE ROSE done but done none the less,,,JMO,,,,,,

One thing is for sure,,,,,,,,,,The race orgs will really crack down on driver EVER exiting the cars with aggressive intentions,,,,,,,,Thats how they will fix this I think,,,TONY has done the same thing many times and others too NOT any more

T/B

Yep. Regardless of our opinions either way. Something like this ruins a career

Big-Bob
08-10-2014, 04:55 PM
I don't watch the left hand turn sports but why would that guy get out of his car on the track when it was not in flames?

cutbait
08-10-2014, 04:58 PM
I don't watch the left hand turn sports but why would that guy get out of his car on the track when it was not in flames?

Its been in NASCAR forever. Wrecked drivers confront the wreckee on the next lap.

Big-Bob
08-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Its been in NASCAR forever. Wrecked drivers confront the wreckee on the next lap.

Got it.

Bottom line the guy should have stayed in his car or jumped the k rail.

seal
08-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Clint Bowyer and Michael Waltrip racing lost its sponsors last year for something a lot less.

NASCAR sponsors jump ship.

Lol at the "it was too dark". Meanwhile they are racing at 100+ mph in that "darkness".

By witness accounts Tony revved his engine to fish tale mud on the kid. **** happend and his back end got loose

That track looked very dark in the video and there was some mention of it. The fish tale thing is possible it might have appeared at first the kid moved back up the race track and Tony may have thought the separation was enough to be a little show off but at the same time he could have been accelerating and trying to turn away, to believe one over the other just shows prejudice against the individual involved, Tony Stewart, and like most things NASCAR fans love to hate some for whatever reason. No rhyme or reason behind it just the culture of NASCAR fan. Look at Jimmy Johnson, couldn't be a nicer guy but some hate him just because he isn't your prototypical NASCAR redneck.

By witness accounts, that there is a big LOL!!!!!!

cutbait
08-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Let's not forget it happened on a Caution lap.

I reinforce CAUTION

seal
08-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Let's not forget it happened on a Caution lap.

I reinforce CAUTION

Conviction coming a little early from Cutbait. I just can't believe in any way that Tony hit him intentionally, now the idea of him doing something stupid to show the kid up is plausible.

cutbait
08-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Come on. Don't put words in my mouth..

No way it was intentional.. I do think Tony was trying to show him up.

20 others on the track didn't hit him but Tony did and with his history of showing up drivers, threatening to drive over other drivers in the past, hitting him on a caution lap at best this makes mutual culpability between the two.

DarkShadow
08-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Momma always said, "Always look both ways before running into traffic."

Tragic, but preventable if cooler heads had prevailed.

DEVOREFLYER
08-11-2014, 09:51 AM
A man's only got so much Testosterone and some use it in foolish ways, just sayin'.

seal
08-11-2014, 10:00 AM
20 others on the track didn't hit him but Tony did and with his history of showing up drivers, threatening to drive over other drivers in the past, hitting him on a caution lap at best this makes mutual culpability between the two.

20 others on the track didn't have the guy trying to tackle their car. He obviously was after Tony so he was closer to Tony's car than the others.

But I'm with Devo, testosterone could have been a factor. I'm really on the fence, but you sound to be a little more on one side of the fence vs. the other.

cutbait
08-11-2014, 10:22 AM
20 others on the track didn't have the guy trying to tackle their car. He obviously was after Tony so he was closer to Tony's car than the others.

But I'm with Devo, testosterone could have been a factor. I'm really on the fence, but you sound to be a little more on one side of the fence vs. the other.

I think I've made that clear. I'm surprised its taken you this long to figure it out

cutbait
08-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Here's a question.. purely hypothetical..

Suppose the roles were reversed and Tony is dead and Ward hit Tony, or even Kyle Busch or Kurt Busch hit the kid..

I bet different tune from everyone.

DockRat
08-11-2014, 10:38 AM

6 drivers went by the kid when he was out of his car.
They should have a race penalty suspension rule for guys that get out of there car.
Sad for the kids family.
DR

DEVOREFLYER
08-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Hypothetical:
So I am driving Stuarts car and Da Quagga get's out of Wards car and charges me. I take dead aim and center punch her, later in my grief I have four fingers of 18 year old single malt Scotch and lite up a Victory Cigar. Do I get driver of the year award??????

seal
08-11-2014, 11:42 AM
I think I've made that clear. I'm surprised its taken you this long to figure it out

I am a little slow. But my comebacks were mostly to Cutbait who knows my only purpose in life is to argue with him.

seal
08-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Here's a question.. purely hypothetical..

Suppose the roles were reversed and Tony is dead and Ward hit Tony, or even Kyle Busch or Kurt Busch hit the kid..

I bet different tune from everyone.

I think the blame would still have been focused on Tony. Once again it would have been about his hot headed personality causing him to get too close to the car and with a little bit of blame on the 20 year old kid not having enough experience to maneuver his vehicle out of the way.

cutbait
08-11-2014, 01:34 PM
I am a little slow. But my comebacks were mostly to Cutbait who knows my only purpose in life is to argue with him.

I'm feeling nostalgic... images of the odd couple running in my mind

cutbait
08-11-2014, 01:37 PM
I think the blame would still have been focused on Tony. Once again it would have been about his hot headed personality causing him to get too close to the car and with a little bit of blame on the 20 year old kid not having enough experience to maneuver his vehicle out of the way.

I can't argue that.

I don't know how much race watching you do but out of vehicle post wreck confrontations are a norm in the sport. However the kid was took it way past what I've seen before. Even Tony when he threw his helmet at Kenseth kept his distance.

My son is 19 and couldn't imagine losing him like this and in front of the nation with ESPN replaying it hourly

tpfishnfool
08-11-2014, 04:55 PM
Stewart is and always was a Dushe

AngryAgent
08-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Jeff Gordon is and always was a Dou-c-h-e

I fixed it for you:Envious:

seal
08-12-2014, 08:26 AM
I can't argue that.

I don't know how much race watching you do but out of vehicle post wreck confrontations are a norm in the sport. However the kid was took it way past what I've seen before. Even Tony when he threw his helmet at Kenseth kept his distance.

My son is 19 and couldn't imagine losing him like this and in front of the nation with ESPN replaying it hourly

I watch quite a bit. It is no wonder they get pissed off and act like out of control insane people when so often the "accidents" are truly not accidents. Think sending a message to drivers by spinning them out and other ways of sending messages is nuts, chances of hurting somebody are there no matter the safety restraints.

But that's NASCAR, probably a good chunk of the reason so many of us enjoy the redneck sport (is it a sport?).

smokehound
08-13-2014, 02:58 AM
lol, mountain dew

Coleyounger
08-14-2014, 09:28 AM
It is hard to tell from the angle but it looked like at the last second (like in a game of chicken) that Ward went into Tony Stewart's path and slipped when trying to get out of the way...he was hit..Tony seemed to be to high on the track with a caution out though...Was the gunning of the engine a threat or was it a way to get the car down lower on the track. These cars are drifters.....further, was it Stewart's car that gunned the engine? It could have came from another car closer to the camera.....Is there any other camera angles that anyone knows of? Bad situation all around....

Coleyounger
08-14-2014, 10:16 AM
I was just looking for other angles of the crash and found the same video as posted here. The weird thing is the sound sinc of the engine rev. Listen and watch.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRzBVsyh-Js

Maybe just an internet thing but the rev is before the hit in this video and at the hit in the video posted at the beginning of this thread.

Further, in neither video can you hear the actual sound of the crash...The sound of the engine rev may be nearer to the camera. This doesn't mean Stewart didn't purposely hit ward, it just means the engine rev sound could be somewhat misleading..

DockRat
08-14-2014, 08:15 PM
YT link doesn't work CY.

Coleyounger
08-14-2014, 08:31 PM
YT link doesn't work CY.

Strange, it worked earlier...

old pudd fisher
08-14-2014, 08:46 PM
I think both are at fault.

DEVOREFLYER
08-14-2014, 09:09 PM
I think both are at fault.

I don't think Tony would be found guilty in a Criminal case but in the Civil case he will open his wallet. How much will be dependent upon how much he contributed to the death of the kid. And remember unlike a Criminal trial where ALL jurors must find the defendant guilty a Civil trial only requires 51% of the jury to find guilt or innocence. As sure as the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening it will go to a Civil lawsuit and trial.

DockRat
08-20-2014, 07:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmusFB_Q8nk#t=131

DarkShadow
08-20-2014, 09:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmusFB_Q8nk#t=131

That's some serious Law And Order - NASCAR Edition right there.

http://i.imgur.com/muWVb05.jpg