PDA

View Full Version : Perris Lake 8/7 late report

troutsniffer
08-09-2014, 07:04 PM
I arrived as the gates were opening up and I was the 3rd in line. I was hopping to get lucky and get in w/o going through inspection as I had my Castaic tag still from 3 weeks
ago but that was a no go. This was going to be an all day trip by myself since I had a slow day today (work wise).

I started out shallow (5-15ft) and there was heavy amount of fog in the first hr or two and the water was a glass sheet. I tried a few different areas with diff reaction baits for nothing the first
hr and a half. I switched over to plastics carolina rigging and ds and got a few in the 1-2 lb class and by this time I was already fishing a bit deeper, 15-25 ft. I stayed in this depth
for a good while and one thing for sure was they were biting more the slower I worked my plastics. It was a patience kinda game and tough.

My buddy Dave and his friend were there too so I met up with them at the dam after 11 and I caught a few there too under 1lb. Dave however caught a nice 4lb bass. Once it was
time for them to go I followed them and hung out at the launch for a bit. By this time I was at 17 lmb landed but nothing over 2lbs. After they took off I headed back out to the
trench for a bit. Caught 4 more on ds. Same size fish still and yes working those baits extremely slow.

I tried bernasconi beach area in the 15-25 ft range and got more bites. At one point I saw a few fish boiling from a distance by the buoys. Also saw a few birds circleling the area.
Once I got in close I though I seen a striper :EyePop: I rigged up an Arig on one rod and a spook on another. I trew the spook and had a nice blow up but a miss. I kept working
it and came back for it and it was fish on. It was a nice 2lb LM and behind it was a pack of lmb's with him, maybe a good 4-5 followers. I worked the area for another 7 more bites
all on tw. 2-3lb class fish. They had no interest in the Arig and the time came to go home. My last perris trip was 6/29 and this trip def felt tough compared. I ended the day with 32
landed but really had to work for them with lot's of patience. Hope this helps anybody out for a few more bites.

Weather: Am fog and sunny by 10am with mid winds by 3
Water temp: 78-80
Water Clarity 3-5 ft

Here's a few vid clips from my trip on 6/29 with my son and my trip from this past Thursday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QutmiDZtnM

basshole1
08-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Nice report and nice video. You are a true LMB slayer my friend. 32 is FANTASTIC. Thanks troutsniffer.

troutsniffer
08-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks basshole

maturefisherman
08-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Sergu

Nice write up.....Lazz