PDA

View Full Version : live well diy

squirrellsgnwild
08-09-2014, 05:22 PM
My parents have a decent size boat and their yacht club is hosting a fishing tournament on Sept 6 the free fishing day. My mom really wants me to go with them that day since i guess i know more than she does about fishing. Now it seems kind of silly to spend the money to buy and setup a large bait tank on the boat since they wouldn't use it all that much but i was wondering if i were to take and use a large ice chest that i have and use http://www.amazon.com/Marine-Metal-Bubble-Portable-Pump/dp/B000EYULIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407630008&sr=8-1&keywords=bait+aerator. How well would it work if i used 2 of them? has anyone ever done this before?

thanks

Fish Dog
08-09-2014, 05:26 PM
I tried exactly that a several year ago. It will work for a short time but, at least in my experience, you'll be using fresh dead bait in a short time. They seem to need circulating fresh (and by fresh, I mean "new") water so you have to figure a way to pump water and and let it drain out.

Ifishtoolittle
08-09-2014, 10:56 PM
You could try buying a cheap aquarium pump and wiring the power cord to a battery.