PDA

View Full Version : Dink Fest

hbstriker
04-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Its been a while since I last fished so I headed out today, late this morning for a buttload of dinks and short bites. 3 hand sized, one about 10-11 and a 14 inch. I feel bad, becasue of the 10"er. It nailed the fly pretty hard, and the way it was hooked, everytime i tried to push the hook back the eye sunk in. I started getting worried, and stuck my finger and and gave it a good push, and did some damage it seemed. I hope it survives. :cry:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/hbstriker/14.jpg[/img]

fishmounter
04-27-2007, 11:20 PM
I hate it when I hook fish like that. You are not using barbless hooks on your flies? Shame on you. If your hook had a barb, couldn't you just flatten it down with needle nose pliers and then just carefully push the hook out?

hbstriker
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I am using barbless, or bent down barbs, but it still caught on something. I usually file them down, but can't find my file, gotta buy a new one I guess.

fishmounter
04-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Well you did all you could do for that fish. It's very cool that there are people like you that care about the fish and handle them so carefully. Hey what fly and size were you using?