PDA

View Full Version : Rental trolling round 2

catchingsomefish
08-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Day off, and after Sunday's massacre with Bob T/O, or Chris O/F/G, I was eager to get out again. I was greeted by news of epic boils from the previous day, so I was curious to see if that was still going on. Started out with a different color than I normally start with, hopefully they would be able to see it better, and boy howdy, 30 seconds after setting, hookup, skunk gone:Smile: Continued down the line and got into a big mass of bait and stripers, rolled thru and a double hookup ensued, went over that area two more times, two more single hookups, and then everything disappeared...... The spot where the boiling had taken place the day before, was a desert......As Bob is fond of saying, the deck had been shuffled, now go find them.....So I went to the other side of the lake, a half hour endeavor with the mighty 8hp motor.....It looked promising, although only about 1/3 of the bait and fish that were there on Sunday, but I picked off 3 on consecutive passes, and then nothing.....continued to work the area, and met a new fnn member fly time, Joe! Thanks for saying hello, and I hope to see you out there soon. While heading to necktie canyon, I metered a massive shad ball, seagulls all over the water, but Mr stripey was nowhere to be found......Got one in necktie, and then nothing, so, back to the other side to see if I could find some boiling fish, and low and behold, I did....Short little boils 10-15 seconds, maybe 20-30 fish involved, I snuck up in my rental, LOL, tossed my KPN mini shad over the boiling fish, one crank into the boil my KPN comes flying out of the water with Mr Stripey attached, both hooks he swallowed. That gave me 10 for my limit, it was 2:30, my back was sore, so I called it a day. Much cooler than my last trolling outing, so I was able to hang a little longer.....They are biting pretty good now, and if I can catch them trolling in a rental, the fellows with real boats should have no problems........................Dave

Bassfan
08-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Dave, I knew you were due for a day like that.
After a refresher Sunday there was no way you wouldn't get them.
Great report and I'm happy for you. Jim

MustHuntAndFish
08-07-2014, 10:45 PM
D is for Dave... D is for DEDICATION!

Mr Stripey is dreading the day that Catchingsomefish purchases his own vessel!!!!

cutbait
08-08-2014, 04:51 AM
Dave your the rental boat king! Mad props to you my friend

fishinone
08-08-2014, 05:54 AM
Great job on the catching Dave! The rental guys should pay you to write reports!

TroutOnly
08-08-2014, 07:59 AM
NICE CATCHING DAVE ,IM GLAD VONG GOT TO GO AND HAVE SOME ALSO..............................bob.......

catchingsomefish
08-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys for the kind words, I was hoping to get my own boat this year, but after I complied with the affordable care act, our monthly premium more than doubled for coverage that wasnt as good as what we had previously. I try to stay away from the political conversations on this board as much as possible, but several of you have queried me as to why I dont get my own boat. The extra 700 a month I spend on health coverage would be better spent on my own boat, but having health care for my wife and myself is more important in the long run..........................Dave

Perris Bluegill Chaser
08-08-2014, 08:31 AM
True....Dave end of summer, fall i will be going on most mondays to learn the lake..I usually fish solo your welcome to come aboard...
Thanks guys for the kind words, I was hoping to get my own boat this year, but after I complied with the affordable care act, our monthly premium more than doubled for coverage that wasnt as good as what we had previously. I try to stay away from the political conversations on this board as much as possible, but several of you have queried me as to why I dont get my own boat. The extra 700 a month I spend on health coverage would be better spent on my own boat, but having health care for my wife and myself is more important in the long run..........................Dave

basstard2013
08-08-2014, 08:38 AM
An extra $700 per month doesn't sound like affordable care to me...

On a different note, good job on slaying Mr.Stripey... Gives us boat renters hope...

trail blazer
08-08-2014, 11:32 AM
MUCH respect for you dave,,,,,,,you get r done no matter what,,,,,WTG

TRAIL BLAZER

olfishergal
08-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Great for you Dave, I'll split a boat with you anytime, a true gentleman......OFG