PDA

View Full Version : Hit Silverwood Today 8/7

Baja1ab
08-07-2014, 09:20 PM
We decided to squeeze in one more family day at "The Wood" before the kiddos head back to school. Couldn't have picked a more beautiful day. Typically when we do this I head up at the crack of dawn by myself or w the boy, drop our stuff on a beach spot and head out on the water to fish, fish, fish until family & friends arrive. Today was no different except our kids had a sleepover at my sister-in-laws, who made up some of the party expected to show later in the morning - so the wifey shockingly agreed to come up w me first thing.

Hit the water at about 6:30 (again wife was w me so getting there at 6:30 was a HUGE stretch by itself). Boats were stacked up at the inlet so I said screw that and decided to do what I know how to do - find the green ones. Threw several different things - t-rigged craw, drop shot Senko, spybait - they liked the t-rig Roboworm in MMII. Boom!, it was on. Even had back to back cast hook ups. Nothing big all 2-3lbs and were found on rocky main lake points, surprisingly shallow 6-8', but right on steep shores to open water.

Fam showed up. Played the shuttle bus for a bit, took the 6yo out on the lake lice mobile. Noticed the inlet was wide open at about 11am so I grabbed the boat and headed back. Hell, I brought the bait so I might as well use it, right? Dropped in the c- rigged sardine steaks and started bangin out schoolies almost instantly. Had the wife shuttle the kids over one at a time and they had a blast with them. Our 9yo, non-fisher daughter fell back in love w the bite and our 6yo son reeled in a nice little 4lb catfish which gave him a hell of a fight.

We wrapped up the fishing at about 12:30-1 and just enjoyed the water for the rest of the day. It was a perfect ending to a great summer!

b_bspk
08-07-2014, 10:44 PM
We decided to squeeze in one more family day at "The Wood" before the kiddos head back to school. Couldn't have picked a more beautiful day. Typically when we do this I head up at the crack of dawn by myself or w the boy, drop our stuff on a beach spot and head out on the water to fish, fish, fish until family & friends arrive. Today was no different except our kids had a sleepover at my sister-in-laws, who made up some of the party expected to show later in the morning - so the wifey shockingly agreed to come up w me first thing.

Hit the water at about 6:30 (again wife was w me so getting there at 6:30 was a HUGE stretch by itself). Boats were stacked up at the inlet so I said screw that and decided to do what I know how to do - find the green ones. Threw several different things - t-rigged craw, drop shot Senko, spybait - they liked the t-rig Roboworm in MMII. Boom!, it was on. Even had back to back cast hook ups. Nothing big all 2-3lbs and were found on rocky main lake points, surprisingly shallow 6-8', but right on steep shores to open water.

Fam showed up. Played the shuttle bus for a bit, took the 6yo out on the lake lice mobile. Noticed the inlet was wide open at about 11am so I grabbed the boat and headed back. Hell, I brought the bait so I might as well use it, right? Dropped in the c- rigged sardine steaks and started bangin out schoolies almost instantly. Had the wife shuttle the kids over one at a time and they had a blast with them. Our 9yo, non-fisher daughter fell back in love w the bite and our 6yo son reeled in a nice little 4lb catfish which gave him a hell of a fight.

We wrapped up the fishing at about 12:30-1 and just enjoyed the water for the rest of the day. It was a perfect ending to a great summer!

Sounds like you had a great day! Nothing better than catching fish with your loved ones! Good job.

luckyjr21
08-07-2014, 10:51 PM
:Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause: good job with the kiddos

BassinPLS
08-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Baja1ab,

Thank you very much for your informative post. I have been checking this thread every day for two weeks and had not seen anything posted on the "greenbacks"; until your posting. I am fishing a small bass club tournament tomorrow, (Saturday), and 'will give the T-Rig with MMII a shot first thing in the morning...of course in 6'-8' of water on the "rocky main lake points"!

I used to try and get my wife to go with me when I first got my boat. She went to DVL with me a couple of times, maybe 8-10 years ago now. I guess, I burned he out on it when I first got the boat. You know, staying from the opening to the closing of the lake! Now she just tells me "go and have fun and be safe"!

Thanks again for your post it was very much appreciated and soooooooooo timely! Great fun....catch Bass in the am and have fun in the pm with the family and friends! Life is Good!

BassPLS

Baja1ab
08-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Baja1ab,

Thank you very much for your informative post. I have been checking this thread every day for two weeks and had not seen anything posted on the "greenbacks"; until your posting. I am fishing a small bass club tournament tomorrow, (Saturday), and 'will give the T-Rig with MMII a shot first thing in the morning...of course in 6'-8' of water on the "rocky main lake points"!

I used to try and get my wife to go with me when I first got my boat. She went to DVL with me a couple of times, maybe 8-10 years ago now. I guess, I burned he out on it when I first got the boat. You know, staying from the opening to the closing of the lake! Now she just tells me "go and have fun and be safe"!

Thanks again for your post it was very much appreciated and soooooooooo timely! Great fun....catch Bass in the am and have fun in the pm with the family and friends! Life is Good!

BassPLS

I've learned quite a bit from this site in the short time I've been on so I'm very glad to be able to contribute. Good luck in the tourney!