PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area/Farallons in December?

jplee3
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi all,
Funny I'm asking this as I was born and raised in the Bay Area... I've been down in SoCal though for the past 8 years or so. Anyway, I was just wondering if the fishing is any good up there during the winter time. I'll be back home visiting my family during the Christmas holiday and should have a day or two where I'd want to be out and about. And what better way than doing some fishing! I know it'll be darn cold though :(

Anyway, I've heard Emeryville Sportfishing is pretty good and not sure about Berkeley Marina. Anyone up there have advice on places to go? Are the rocks and lings actively biting around that time (late Dec)? Otherwise, what might I find up there? Do boats go out to the Farallons that time of year?

Any advice or tips would be GREAT.

Thanks!

troutslayer05
10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Don't know about the saltwater fishing but there are an abundance of really good trout fishing up in the bayarea. Im from the east bay area and have fished there all my life. San Pablo is one of the top trout fishing fisheries in the country in my opinion, also Del Valle and Los Vaqueros lakes also produce some great freshwater fishing as well.