PDA

View Full Version : Newport Jetty Fishing Report: Multi-species fun on light line

carpanglerdude
08-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Wife and I fished Newport Jetty this past weekend. We haven't fished the salt in a while and were excited to try out skills out again. Microjigs, ultralite line/rod/reel, and little pieces of shrimp did the trick. Between us both we landed 10 fish and lost a few more about 2-3 hours. Surprisingly, we didn't run into any Opal Eye, which usually seem to hide out there in great numbers.

Here is a video from the trip, with some of the fish we caught. I hope you enjoy it!

http://youtu.be/sqqYUbgTLCE?list=UUtnDZYXJN-lSZTyayBYzeJw

Day was quite overcast and very humid. Spotted one surf perch landed from the Wedge side of the jetty, and a few other calico bass caught, but not much else as far as action goes. Very enjoyable trip to the beach!

GhettoBasster
08-05-2014, 09:27 PM
That's some fun! Great job on the multi species day. You don't get that freshwater fishing.

AngryAgent
08-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Great video quality! Looks like you had some fun

bachiboy
08-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Nice little multi species day! Light gear = loads of fun. :Wink:

Don

bones
08-06-2014, 05:40 AM
Very nice...Seem like you have really got the hang of using your GoPro. I enjoyed all of your Videos...Even the one flyfishing the SA River....LOL
Did Mr Whiskers actually hit your fly?
Although your vids are short they really capture the beauty of the places we all love to fish. Even the SA river....LOL....I've actually caught some nice halibut there by the outlet!

Keep up the great work Izzak !

Mike

DockRat
08-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Cool vid and great music.
DR

TUNAVIC
08-06-2014, 09:43 AM
That was a really cool video,looks like it was a great day,sorry to see the snorkel dudes act like they didn't realize what they were doing,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

carpanglerdude
08-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Very nice...Seem like you have really got the hang of using your GoPro. I enjoyed all of your Videos...Even the one flyfishing the SA River....LOL
Did Mr Whiskers actually hit your fly?
Although your vids are short they really capture the beauty of the places we all love to fish. Even the SA river....LOL....I've actually caught some nice halibut there by the outlet!

Keep up the great work Izzak !

Mike

Haha, thanks. No, sadly, the cat wasn't on the fly. That would have been fun.

Yeah, the spearfishermen/women were totally clueless about lines. Situational awareness, folks.

Socal Bassman
08-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Very nice vid!

Ifishtoolittle
08-07-2014, 04:54 PM
The last Calico must of put up a nice fight on the ultralight gear. Sucks about the snorkelers. lol you should've started chumming your spot with some bloody mackerel.