PDA

View Full Version : Hansen Dam

Serg
08-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Took my little girl to Hansen Dam to see if we could find any catfish. Threw shrimp for about an hour with no luck, not even a bite. Saw a guy who said there was a big bass around the rock pile. The life guard told him about 10 times not to be casting in that area but he apparently paid no attention to him. Didn't see anybody else catch anything.

BALLERONBUDGET
08-04-2014, 12:14 PM
tuff fishing there....baby blue gill thats it, very few resident bass/carps/cats.. only 1 big stock in april for kids derby ... the local retired guys that go there daily will confirm all the above...its giant cement pond 14ft deep.

Serg
08-04-2014, 12:35 PM
There used to be some nice cats in there, to bad they don't stock them anymore

Ifishtoolittle
08-04-2014, 12:51 PM
14 feet deep? Really? Fishing is tough there and annoying at the same time since the life guard will chase you down from the best spots. It's a shame that the larger lake doesn't allow fishing.

SO818CAL
08-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Took my little girl to Hansen Dam to see if we could find any catfish. Threw shrimp for about an hour with no luck, not even a bite. Saw a guy who said there was a big bass around the rock pile. The life guard told him about 10 times not to be casting in that area but he apparently paid no attention to him. Didn't see anybody else catch anything.

Take your daughter to Balboa. Fishing is good for kids right now.

FishTaco818
10-18-2014, 02:37 PM
During the last month I've snuck a peek at the old Hansen dam Lake in the AM and fish have been boiling like crazy. I am guessing carp because that is mainly what I have seen swimming around there but you never know.

I'm not saying I've fished there or not, but I somehow feel that they don't like breadballs, nightcrawlers, or plastics. I've seen fish jumping all over the place, even the shorelines and shore tree areas but all I've smelled are the big skunks.

P.S. The cement pond sucks and I can never get anything from there so I too would recommend Balboa Lake if you just want to remember what it is like to catch fish on the line.

HBAR
10-18-2014, 05:43 PM
They should hopefully start stocking trout once the water gets colder, yes beware of the "poachers" in particular two old guys. As for the "baywatch" rejects, they make rules as they go, I got to be friends with one of the supervisors and have his cell number, so when getting hassled by the rejects I just call my contact. Haven't seen them posting the American flag on the lifeguard tower the last few months. Been thinking that if they hassle again I'll just tell them I'll start listening when you start posting the flag like your suppose to!
Yes the cement hole is flat in the middle once you get out about 30-40 ft, I've metered the whole lake I'm not going to post details that I know about the hole, if you see me out there ask I'll tell you

tommibear
12-06-2014, 08:31 AM
500 lbs of Trout were stocked this past Thursday morning.

allblk777
12-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Maybe u should ask lorenzo to teach u how to fish