PDA

View Full Version : Good times good fishin

DMS
08-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Another great day out with lulu yesterday. We switched from afternoons to mornings and were close to front of line. Launched and ran out until lulu saw breaking fish. It didn't stick around to go so we crused until the finder showed em. Dropped the rigs and got hit before the second was out. Worked the close area for another 4 or 5 watching them break water in the corners while we both were pulling fish in. We were getting both rods a then a double. Then we headed down and the next point had shad on it and we got a nice green carp then more stripers.
We tossed a small striper and I looked at the watch. 7am and 11 stripers and a Ugb already (10) in the well. We picked a few more including a spot with some larger fish down deeper. We got a couple and one got farmed when the other rod got snagged and I had to stop. We released another small one. We kept moving and then got a few more and another Ugb released. We only needed 5 more and it was 9 am. So we setup for bait... It was all wait and it looked like the fish finder was broken so I pulld the anchor for some quick trolling... Both rods one with a double and then 2 more and we had limits before 1030. I packed up the boat while out on the water to make ramp time quicker. Then caught up with Kahn and bassfan. On the way out fishinone was trolling on the other side so we waved goodby.

I might post photos later as I don't have my camera handy now.

Oh, one of my nice shimano rods was broken when I arrived at the lake. Guess the hundreds of fish finally beat it. I took it other tackle shop I try to always use and they told me shimano would not support them doing rod exchanges anymore for warranty repairs. I have to call them on Monday and deal with them directly. Hopefully they don't make it difficult. I have been only buying shimano and loomis rods lately and the warranty is big. My tackle store buddy also told me that shimano would be only offering 1 year warranties on new rods. Does anyone know about this change or had to navigate this situation lately. Also, do you know if any other retailers have some additional help for shimano rods.

Another weird thing is that one of my level winds seems torun backwards going out so that the level wind is very often off axis when dropping back after winding up. Like. The level doesn't match the wind in both directions. Weird..

So I still had time to hit guitar center and pickup a new guitar after limits for lulu and me, cleanup nda packaging fish, and then tackle store. Back home for a delicious dinner with lulu!

Great seeing the local lips out there. I saw a lot of them.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s13/mythreesticks/IMG_2929_zps2c887edc.jpg (http://s148.photobucket.com/user/mythreesticks/media/IMG_2929_zps2c887edc.jpg.html)

catchingsomefish
08-03-2014, 09:28 PM
That sounds like a great day you two, with the exception of the damaged rod:Sad:.....However, in the scheme of things, if that was the worst thing that happened to you, everything is really alright......Thanks for the nice report.....Dave

fishinone
08-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Nice catch Dan and Lulu. You had 10 fish before we started fishing.

I saw you go by at Gallion's then in line from up on the hill and then going by out in the lake. I miss you. LOL

AngryAgent
08-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Yeah Shimano has changed their warranty policies due mainly to people taking advantage of their kindness over the years. You used to be able to bring us your broken rods and we could replace them with the same rod but not anymore. Kind of easy though to see their side of it, you know how many times and I gonna give this guy a replacement rod..Some bad apples ruined it for everyone basically. Hopefully Shimano will take care of you, heard that they have been pretty good about it.

Bassfan
08-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Get in, get out, catch limits.
You guys don't mess around!
Nice job.

DMS
08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah Shimano has changed their warranty policies due mainly to people taking advantage of their kindness over the years. You used to be able to bring us your broken rods and we could replace them with the same rod but not anymore. Kind of easy though to see their side of it, you know how many times and I gonna give this guy a replacement rod..Some bad apples ruined it for everyone basically. Hopefully Shimano will take care of you, heard that they have been pretty good about it.

I spoke with them today and sounds like they will. It seems the lifetime warranty for loomis will continue but you will have to go directly to them. I think I have had one loomis and one shimano replacement over 20 years and about 15 rods. Don't know about what would be considered abuse but as a longtime loyal customer I am disappointed that the no fuss program is over. Guess I will see how this works and consider options in the future. Love shimano and loomis especially for freshwater and light salt. I have close to $2500 in 8 loomis rods alone not to mention the shimano rods and no telling how many shimano reels up to big two speeds. They make great products just hope they continue to take care of me when I need them.

DMS
08-06-2014, 06:10 AM
OK, I added a photo from last Saturday's slay in my original post

TroutOnly
08-06-2014, 07:21 AM
NICE KILLIN DAN..........I THINK MR STRIPEY IS LIKING THE SHAD RIGHT ABOUT NOW , THATS GOOD NEWS FOR THE TROLLERS..............t/o...........