PDA

View Full Version : Cabrillo

Pino
08-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone I don't post much ,cause I don't know to much about posting photos and the cp in general. This year I having had much time fishing. Today I went to Cabrillo for a while, I got a short hali and a sandbass, and then a cop said that I could not fish inside the harbor,is there a law about that,there is no signs posted or anything. Those anyone here know the law about fishing the beaches.

jerryG
08-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Depends on where you were fishing. If you were fishing in or around the Cabrillo Marina/ harbor, the launch ramp, the area around the Sailing Club or the Sailing Club jetty you probably would be told that you cannot fish in these areas. I may be wrong but during summer I don't believe they want anyone fishing from the beach on the harbor side of Cabrillo either.. You really are not missing much their anyways.. Lots of screaming kids on any given weekend. The rest of the area you should be fine. If you are fishing from a kayak or float tube you should be fine as well as long as you keep your distance from the beach and the areas mentioned above.

GhettoBasster
08-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Where were you fishing exactly? You can fish the harbor in a yak or tube with no problems. If you go on the Yacht Club, the yacht club groundskeeper gets really grumpy and will call the police on you.

Pino
08-05-2014, 01:08 PM
I was fishing by the pier on the inside were the rocks start facing the marina.

BALLERONBUDGET
08-05-2014, 03:05 PM
they do same at redondo rocks jetty adjacent to pier. used to be wide open in 80s/90s now off limits..... maybe for safety reasons @cabrillo????
god forbid they dont want us to hook a novice windsurfer in the cabrillo harbor or have a great white bite him while hooked!!!???/ haahaa...... cabrillo does get more windy than other jettys tho. thats why tons of windsurfing/kite surfing along pv ; occassionally capping over the wall and into the parking lot of pier during winter times.......