PDA

View Full Version : Bass 1 Blugill 3

JDS13
08-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Good morning all, fished Perris with my pops last Tues. Started out a little late, around 7ish, water temp around 80, no winds in the morning that picked up to 10 mph in the afternoon, 6ft vis. Fish were scattered and not stacked in very big schools from 20 to 35 ft. Started trolling some hand painted shad baits, I started with a 4 inch JDS-13 Bluegill since last time I was there we saved that big bass with a gill in its mouth. Was not feeling the gill thing so put on a shad lure. From then on it was consistant all day with the bass, at around 10ish dad catches a 5.2 then on the next pass a 4.13 so hes doing well, about 15 minutes later hooks a beast, fighten it, fighten it, 10 minutes passes, Im like this thing must be huge, gets it up to the boat......big carp:EyePop:. Net it, weigh it, 13.8, maaaan thought maybe a small tuna had snuck into the lake, good fun and excitement!!! Dad had to leave around 4, I stayed, I still had some left in the tank after a long hot day. I start back out drop the the Bluegill down and not 5 minutes into it, bendo, drag pullen, sweet first hook up on the jds bg, fight it in and its a nice 5ver, I also notice a lot of big fish are stacked up, next couple of passes some 4rs come aboard, then a beast gets hooked up its big, im fighting it in then nothun, real in the bg, one hook on the 1/0 treble straightened out:Crying: Oh well. Not sure how many fish were caught today, maybe 25 30, but I do know the bg can get you some bigger fish if you use it.

Tight lines

Misfitdog
08-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Awesome report and great job getting dad and yourself on the bass . Blue Gill seems to be the color as of the last week and big worms 6"+ and also deep water 40ft the other day , make sure guys if your catching them deep summertime bass your using that bends needle . rescued 1 large bass yesterday that needed to be fizzed.. lets do all we can to preserve our fishery

Skinny
08-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Nice work! So when are u gonna start selling some of those baits? Headin up north this week for some bassin. Ur report makes me want to stick around.

JDS13
08-04-2014, 07:27 PM
some day maybe, if you see me out in the water come up say hi, ill probably give ya one for a few bucks, as long as you dont approach at ramming speed, its all good, its always cool to shoot the breeze for a bit and talk fishing. I buy my shad lures from bass pro, there the XPS SHAD BAITS THAT DIVE TO 15 FT,they run about $4.25, I get um and paint them in the Perris punisher shad color, and they work real well. Next time im there im going to run the new common carp pattern, its about 9 inches, im confident that carps gonna passes a big bass, and that bass is gonna flip his scalely wig and pound the sh-t outta that carp, we will see.

Tight lines skinny

fishmounter
08-04-2014, 09:12 PM
JDS13- Here's a nice carp bait. Nice action too. It's actually a Golden Shiner pattern, but looks quite a bit like a carp.. I have not used it a Perris yet, but I did get a nice one at Fairmount last spring.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/Segcarpbait_zps8ad32594.jpg (http://s103.photobucket.com/user/fishmounter/media/Segcarpbait_zps8ad32594.jpg.html)