PDA

View Full Version : Float tubing perris 7/25

fishwisperer
07-29-2014, 02:30 PM
On the water at 6:30
started with top water for 1 fish around 1.5 LB in about 3-5 ft of water.
threw a spinner bait for nothing
Switched to the texas rig creature and caught 1 on the first cast in 5ft of water..weighed about 3.5 lbs.
No more bites on that, so i switched to a fly lined senko and hooked another 3.5 lber in about 15ft of water.
seemed like things were slowing down so i switched to light line on the drop shot rig with 4" worm for another 1.5 lber.
Off the water by 11:30 because wind got a little heavy for a float tube.
Green pumpkin was the most productive color along with margarita mutilator and morning dawn.

TED MILLS
08-02-2014, 10:58 AM
WOW Well done, some times you have the luck

Ted

fishmounter
08-03-2014, 09:43 AM
fishwisperer- Was this at Sail Cove? Nice report and fish by the way.

Misfitdog
08-03-2014, 05:14 PM
nice job on the Bass , always nice to get out on the water .. 15ft of water you say . seems about right for the smaller summertime models . I have been in 30+ .. thanks for the report and I agree The Mutilator is a great worm :Big Grin:

Ifishtoolittle
08-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Wait, so let me get this straight. You carry two hats while tubing? lol Nice work on the bass. The bite sounds a little touchy.

GhettoBasster
08-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Wait, so let me get this straight. You carry two hats while tubing? lol Nice work on the bass. The bite sounds a little touchy.

IF2L, you've been hitting the salt water too much and have forgotten basic freshwater techniques. You need one hat for topwater fishing, and another hat for DS and other plastic techniques.

Fishwhisperer great job on the bass. And a nice job switching things up to keep the bite going.

fishwisperer
08-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Yea, Sail Cove.

fishwisperer
08-04-2014, 10:56 AM
The sun at Perris can really beat you down. I'll do anything I can to keep it off me, even wear that goofy hat..lol

Ifishtoolittle
08-04-2014, 12:03 PM
IF2L, you've been hitting the salt water too much and have forgotten basic freshwater techniques. You need one hat for topwater fishing, and another hat for DS and other plastic techniques.

Fishwhisperer great job on the bass. And a nice job switching things up to keep the bite going.

lol I should probably do that from now on. This way we won't get chased out by HP.

The sun at Perris can really beat you down. I'll do anything I can to keep it off me, even wear that goofy hat..lol

lol those wide brim hats are great! It's the only kind of hat I wear when I fish regardless of where I go.

shiromaguro88
08-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Great report. I haven't been there in a month. Been tuna fishing. The sun is pretty brutal there. I still have a farmers tan on my leg from tubing there last time. Need to get back.