PDA

View Full Version : A few of us.

DEVOREFLYER
07-29-2014, 12:56 PM
A few of us can remember these time. Yip good times indeed.

http://safeshare.tv/w/FEDEwZHZXu

flybynight
07-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Flyer,
I remember all of those, in fact I even had a Buick like that one.
GOOD MEMORIES !

DEVOREFLYER
07-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Flyer,
I remember all of those, in fact I even had a Buick like that one.
GOOD MEMORIES !

Yip good times. I wanted to have the front seat of my 1958 Impala bronzed and put in the family room for memories. My wife wouldn't let me for some reason.

old pudd fisher
07-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Yep !!!!! Thems be the dazzz for sure and I miss them, I even forgot about some of that stuff.

AngryAgent
07-29-2014, 02:16 PM
Thanks for making me feel young again LOL Little more pep in my step today now:LOL:

DEVOREFLYER
07-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Maybe we need to start an "Over The Hill Gang" fishin' group. Anyone up for that???????

AngryAgent
07-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Maybe we need to start an "Over The Hill Gang" fishin' group. Anyone up for that???????

No such thing. My godfather is 67 years young. We go to the Sierra's every year and he hikes with his float tube at high elevations for miles and never complains. I have friends in their 20-40's that are crying after the first day! The older gentleman I know kick *** and tend to be funner to fish with anyways and their stories are always better. Old guys RULE!!!

DEVOREFLYER
07-29-2014, 03:28 PM
Hey this "Old Guy" will be 70 in November and my younger sons can't keep up. Several weeks ago my gardener brought a trailer load of top soil for me. My youngest felt sorry seeing me unloading and wheel barrowing it 100 yards. After one trip he had to take a break I unloaded the 15 other wheelbarrow loads by myself without a break. I only weigh 10 more pounds than from my high school graduation 50 years ago and my waist size is only 2 inches larger, I think I have shrunk an inch in height though. The "Over The Hill Gang" is just a figure of speech. I only use glasses for reading and have given up trying to tie a size 22 or smaller fly on the leader much less tie one on the tying bench. lol

AngryAgent
07-29-2014, 03:30 PM
This made my day LOL.

old pudd fisher
07-29-2014, 05:17 PM
But it won't be long till you will have to find that old spin cast reel you used when you were a kid. :LOL::LOL: Yeah I can still kick it too, going to start digging and laying pvc pipe for a sprinkler system in the back yard next week. I am only 65.

Bonnie Beach
07-29-2014, 07:11 PM
computer wizz, master fisherman, gained only 10 lbs & 2" bigger waist size in 52 years, wa wa wheel barrel drag racing 15 laps @ 100 yards ? "I GIVE" "UNCLE" "YOU WIN" (( crap I need a double double a beer a smoke a 2 scoop Sunday & a mirror to see if my ol pudd is still there)). You rock Pudd fisher!
Hey this "Old Guy" will be 70 in November and my younger sons can't keep up. Several weeks ago my gardener brought a trailer load of top soil for me. My youngest felt sorry seeing me unloading and wheel barrowing it 100 yards. After one trip he had to take a break I unloaded the 15 other wheelbarrow loads by myself without a break. I only weigh 10 more pounds than from my high school graduation 50 years ago and my waist size is only 2 inches larger, I think I have shrunk an inch in height though. The "Over The Hill Gang" is just a figure of speech. I only use glasses for reading and have given up trying to tie a size 22 or smaller fly on the leader much less tie one on the tying bench. lol

old pudd fisher
07-29-2014, 07:30 PM
computer wizz, master fisherman, gained only 10 lbs & 2" bigger waist size in 52 years, wa wa wheel barrel drag racing 15 laps @ 100 yards ? "I GIVE" "UNCLE" "YOU WIN" (( crap I need a double double a beer a smoke a 2 scoop Sunday & a mirror to see if my ol pudd is still there)). You rock Pudd fisher!

Hey wrong guy your talkin about Bonnie Beach, that's DEVORE he is the winner not me. I just try to keep up.

Bonnie Beach
07-29-2014, 07:49 PM
Hey wrong guy your talkin about Bonnie Beach, that's DEVORE he is the winner not me. I just try to keep up.
You ROCK DEVORE you flew by me so fast the chili from the fries got in my eyes. I'm 2 laps down & still need a mirror to find the FLY to see if the OL PUDD is still hanging around. You guys are impressive! I have a friend in the car club that's my dads age & no one can keep up with him. Greatest generation has few good guy left! Thanks

old pudd fisher
07-29-2014, 10:08 PM

Yeah sounds like fun but I must say getting to the top of the hill sure was a hard cliff to climb at some points of my life, but I made it to the top and ok. I am just standing on the top of the hill looking down and thinking about all that I have done so far and happy with it. Hope the climb down hill will be as happy.

DockRat
07-30-2014, 06:18 AM
Born in 1960 so I do not qualify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD1euxkzE9I

old pudd fisher
07-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Hey this "Old Guy" will be 70 in November and my younger sons can't keep up. Several weeks ago my gardener brought a trailer load of top soil for me. My youngest felt sorry seeing me unloading and wheel barrowing it 100 yards. After one trip he had to take a break I unloaded the 15 other wheelbarrow loads by myself without a break. I only weigh 10 more pounds than from my high school graduation 50 years ago and my waist size is only 2 inches larger, I think I have shrunk an inch in height though. The "Over The Hill Gang" is just a figure of speech. I only use glasses for reading and have given up trying to tie a size 22 or smaller fly on the leader much less tie one on the tying bench. lol DEVORE Ya got me beat by a little I am 4 years younger then you. I weigh 20 more pounds and have a 4 inch larger waist size from high school, being retired for 6 years had a lot to do with it. Not that bad I guess but keeping and eye on it. And I have all my hair but need reading glasses to type this reply.

fishmounter
07-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Very nice video. I remember lots of those things. DEVOREFLYER- I'm not quite 70 yet, but getting up there, and like you I am very active, pacing ahead of my sons while hiking up in the Sierras, and float tubing all over Lake Perris. This year I have had some medical set-backs with my thumb then wrist trouble along with my on-going back pain, but I try to stay positive. You cannot keep and old angler down!

DEVOREFLYER
07-31-2014, 05:29 AM
Oh ya I do know about back pain. The only medical issues I have are lower back disk issues and osteoarthritis in my shoulder. Back issues probably from lifting heavy things over the years without help that I shouldn't have. Eight plus years bicycle road racing bent over the handle bars more than likely did not help either. And pitching batting practice when I coached baseball for 13 years likely set the shoulder issue in play. As I told my pitchers to ice down after a game "Ya only got so many pitches in that arm take care of it". Should of taken my own advice. The Ortho doctor says that neither are to the point that require surgery but sometimes it's real ugly if I am standing on the trolling motor and casting all day. My wife says I am going deaf but I am not it's called "selective hearing" but I do have some minor hearing loss in some frequencies. This is most likely due to many years of power tool usage and thousands of rounds sent down range hunting and shooting at the rifle range without hearing protection. You can see by this photo of my first gun at 3 years old I got an early start with my love of firearms. Do ya remember Buck Rogers?

http://i.imgur.com/L4tsHOq.jpg

old pudd fisher
07-31-2014, 06:40 PM
Do ya remember this guy ? I had one he would talk and say...I am Robert Robot, mechanical man. Drive me and steer me wherever you can.44684 It was high technology back then it was powered by a crank and cable that would kink all the time. And had batteries that made his eyes light up and made him talk.

DEVOREFLYER
07-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Anyone remember the boat house at Fairmont Park/Lake Evans where you could rent an electric boat or canoe to take your sweetheart out on the water? Also the arcade games and the Nickelodeon's in the boat house. How about all of the Peacock's strutting around the park and the noise they made? Or the amusement park on the north side across the street with the merry-go-round, bumper cars and roller coaster? Those were the best of days as a kid, fishing and a picnic and after dinner if we had been good and stayed out of trouble we got treated to the boat house or the amusement park.

old pudd fisher
07-31-2014, 08:46 PM
Naw I grew up in Covina and would ride my bike to Puddingstone Reservoir as a kid to fish. That's why I am the old pudd fisher. Only lived in Riverside for 12 years. I like like Covina better but my wife won't move cus her grand kids live near us. But I go to Fairmont sometimes to fish and walk its only 4 miles from my house.

Lady Quagga
08-01-2014, 04:37 AM

Oh!? A fishing club? Can we make it just like the 50s?

http://www.umbc.edu/cadvc/foralltheworld/images/exhibit/section1/segregation2.jpg

DEVOREFLYER
08-01-2014, 06:39 AM
Oh!? A fishing club? Can we make it just like the 50s?

http://www.umbc.edu/cadvc/foralltheworld/images/exhibit/section1/segregation2.jpg

Na azzhat it's gonna be a "QUAGGA FREE ZONE".