PDA

View Full Version : 07/28/2014 Silverwod Dam

basstard2013
07-29-2014, 07:57 AM
Arrived around 8pm fished until 12pm. Practically no wind. Fished a 1/2oz lipless crank bait chrome black back again and slayed Mr. Stripey. Had a hookup on back to back casts. Caught 8 in total 4 misses. All fish around 1 - 2 lbs. Slow/med retrieve from 5 - 15ft deep.

GhettoBasster
07-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Great job. I need to head up there again.

Baja1ab
07-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the report, Basstard. I just recently went - first time - and noticed big signs that read "boats stay at least 500' away from dam". Do they really enforce this or are you just pushing your luck and getting close, casting a mile or? Just curious if I should give it a shot, as I'm going again next Thursday.

Thanks!

basstard2013
07-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the report, Basstard. I just recently went - first time - and noticed big signs that read "boats stay at least 500' away from dam". Do they really enforce this or are you just pushing your luck and getting close, casting a mile or? Just curious if I should give it a shot, as I'm going again next Thursday.

Thanks!

I have never seen anyone come close to the dam and fish in a boat and I don't know if they would enforce it if you did.

seal
07-30-2014, 10:05 AM
Me thinks they would. Certainly many break the 500' law but those are mostly recreational boaters that just zoom on by, if you plan on fishing the dam with a trolling motor and tossing towards shore then I really think you'd be pushing it, but hell most likely you'll just get a warning and in the scope of crap going on out there that one is pretty minor in my book.

Baja1ab
07-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Me thinks they would. Certainly many break the 500' law but those are mostly recreational boaters that just zoom on by, if you plan on fishing the dam with a trolling motor and tossing towards shore then I really think you'd be pushing it, but hell most likely you'll just get a warning and in the scope of crap going on out there that one is pretty minor in my book.

Thanks Seal. I'm going on a Thursday. I went last Wednesday and never saw a single lake patrol boat. I may come in from one end or another first thing and toss a couple out to see what's bitin. I guess I'll feel it out. Thanks again.