PDA

View Full Version : The duck farm.

old pudd fisher
07-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Anyone remember driving by that stinking duck farm just off the 605 freeway near El Monte? Gone now. It was called woodland farms I think.44677

Daleela
07-29-2014, 06:44 AM
I always thought it was chickens, interesting. The Sriracha hot sauce factory had nothing on this place smell wise!.

DEVOREFLYER
07-29-2014, 07:11 AM
I remember it well as it seemed to go on for miles. Well not miles but longer than you could hold your breath when you drove past. Can you imagine being stuck in traffic or having a breakdown there. lol

TUNAVIC
07-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Yup,sure do,it smelled pretty bad,but since I live in Whittier I always knew I was getting near home when coming home from a road trip so it really never bothered me.

Cya Tuna Vic

BALLERONBUDGET
07-29-2014, 10:05 AM
yup local memories of 626 area.....closed about mid 90s... like the cattle ranches near off 5fwy u knew ure close even b4 u saw them ducks.. .. but hey at todays $20 price for a chinese bbq duck not sure why closed the farm... im sure people complained smell/noise etc.... whaddda ya expect ??? folks forget where food comes from and think only of the final package of meats/fish cleaned gutted no feathers skin etc on a foam tray with plastic wrap on ur grocery shelf!!!! the duck farm was so prevelant locals joked it shud be the mascot for the newly built SOUTH ELMONTE H.S. at that time......... Side note another local landmark gone that area was the mini golf course nxt to Mcdonalds.... now gonna be housing condos...