PDA

View Full Version : Oceanside 1/2 day or twilight boat?

City Dad
07-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Taking the family down to O-side next week. Promised the girls I'd take 'em out on a boat some time this summer and figure this might be a good time.

Anyone have any experience with the local Oceanside moo-moos?

Any insight greatly appreciated.

bachiboy
07-28-2014, 01:48 PM
I haven't had any experience with them but are you sure they're even running any half day trips. Yesterday was a Sunday and they didn't even run one, or at least didn't post any counts (According to Biteson.com). You can give em a call and inquire. Might wanna run up to Dana Wharf. They had some nice counts and were running a couple of trips there.

Frequent Flyer
07-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Call the office the day before you plan on going, they will only run their boats if they get enough people. I can say the captain of the Sea Trek is a fishy one though.

City Dad
07-29-2014, 10:24 AM
thanks, fellas.

JL
07-29-2014, 07:19 PM
If can find a friend with a boat to launch or check if they have any rental boats in Oceanside. the harbor just before you exit near the Bouys is a great place to fish with kids. I just had 8 kids there 2 weeks ago and every kid from 5 - 10 years old caught fish.

City Dad
07-30-2014, 10:59 AM
If can find a friend with a boat to launch or check if they have any rental boats in Oceanside. the harbor just before you exit near the Bouys is a great place to fish with kids. I just had 8 kids there 2 weeks ago and every kid from 5 - 10 years old caught fish.

Thanks JL.

What kind of fish?