PDA

View Full Version : What kind of rod holder do you have/like?

Baja1ab
07-24-2014, 09:26 PM
So I have a new to me '05 Tracker PT185 and it does not have any rod holders. While I primarily throw artificials for LMB, I'm sure to be doing some bait/wait and trolling for stripers and perhaps trout. The boat is in immaculate shape and before I go drilling a bunch of holes in her to try different ones I thought I'd see what people are using for rod holders on their rigs, as I'd like to do this just once.

I'm curious what you have, likes, dislikes, ones to stay away from, etc.

Thanks in advance!!! :Thumbs Up:

fishinone
07-25-2014, 04:52 PM
I have 3 types of rod holders. I've got RAM Rod 2000s and the Larger Attwood holders in my boat. I like like the RAM ones best.

I wouldn't consider getting holders that sit down close to the boat. If they don't come with extensions, you should buy some.

I've also got two sizes of Scotty Rod holders for my kayaks. They work well but are also much better with extensions.

flyhigh123
07-25-2014, 04:54 PM
i have the cannon rod holders and really like them... they have a lot of different ways to put the rod in the holders. Seems pretty well thought out. Amazon sells them for around $20 each. Built tough as well!

when i'm fishing for bait, i can set it at the top without the protective ring to fish and it allows me to take it out of the holder a lot faster so i don't miss the bite. It also is desgined for both baitcasters and spinning reels.

I used to have the roberts rod holder and even the cheapy bass pro ones, but the cannon is just so versatile!

Baja1ab
07-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Great feedback. Much appreciated!!!

muskyman
07-26-2014, 08:42 PM
I go with Scottys out here. They take the weather really good. From my experience, the atwoods will literally shatter at times, and for me it was when a fish hit ! Never before have I moved so fast ! LOl ! Get the extensions for the scottys too, you might find them useful.

MarkyMark
07-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I go with Scottys out here. They take the weather really good. From my experience, the atwoods will literally shatter at times, and for me it was when a fish hit ! Never before have I moved so fast ! LOl ! Get the extensions for the scottys too, you might find them useful.

I concur with Muskyman..Scottys!!!

EL JEFE
07-31-2014, 10:07 PM
I use the Driftmaster. Simple, tried, and proven. I use the Lil Duo 265-H. They have various mounting options.

http://www.driftmaster.com/Rodholders.html