PDA

View Full Version : Children Friendly Six Pack Charters for Tuna and Tails

AllaboutTrout
07-21-2014, 06:05 PM
My granddaughters are 9 and 8,my grandsons both 7.They are experienced anglers for their respective ages but have never done the saltwater scene. Grandpa and Grandma promised we would get then into the saltwater when we moved back to San Diego.Here we are!

I'm looking for a six pack charter on a boat that is more than kid tolerant;an operation that is kid friendly. The trip will be all about the children. It should be more than a fishing and catching experience. WE would love to find a skipper and crew who really enjoy teaching children about running a boat and safety,not to mention fishing techniques. Professionals who have the patience to answer the question "why" often. Pros who volunteer info enthusiastically.

We would like to take the kids fishing asap and if they love it we will do it once a week for the entire season. We know there are many excellent operations in so cal.Please dial us in.

Michael

kzhlin
07-21-2014, 11:19 PM
I like H&M landing. Malihini is a nice 3/4 day boat.

etucker1959
07-22-2014, 06:28 AM
I've got two suggestions for a true 6 pack charter. The Bongo's fleet out of Newport Beach, they have been averaging 4-8 yellowtail per rod for the last couple of weeks. My other suggestion is Seasons sport fishing in San Diego, nice owner operator and good prices. If I had to go on an open party trip out of San Diego with children, your best bet is the fishing vessel Point Loma out of Point Loma sportfishing. They only take a maximum of 20 passengers and it's half the cost of a six pack. Their fish count yesterday was 100 yellowtail for 20 passengers fishing the Coronado Islands.

AllaboutTrout
07-22-2014, 09:09 AM
thanks for the suggestion but we definitely are not doing the big boat thing. It's the kids first time in the salt and the private charter is what we are looking for.

The Malihini! Now there is a name from the past. We fished that boat when we were relatively young.Hah!Great times and memories.

AllaboutTrout
07-22-2014, 09:17 AM
I've got two suggestions for a true 6 pack charter. The Bongo's fleet out of Newport Beach, they have been averaging 4-8 yellowtail per rod for the last couple of weeks. My other suggestion is Seasons sport fishing in San Diego, nice owner operator and good prices. If I had to go on an open party trip out of San Diego with children, your best bet is the fishing vessel Point Loma out of Point Loma sportfishing. They only take a maximum of 20 passengers and it's half the cost of a six pack. Their fish count yesterday was 100 yellowtail for 20 passengers fishing the Coronado Islands.

thank you for the information. Bongos is a top notch operation but we'll stay close to SD. I'm going to check out Seasons and some other operations close to home.

Someone mentioned Brandon Haywood, a very talented angler,captain,and writer. They said he had a charter operation but I cannot find a website.Does anyone know about him?

thanks again.

etucker1959
07-22-2014, 12:23 PM
thank you for the information. Bongos is a top notch operation but we'll stay close to SD. I'm going to check out Seasons and some other operations close to home.

Someone mentioned Brandon Haywood, a very talented angler,captain,and writer. They said he had a charter operation but I cannot find a website.Does anyone know about him?

thanks again.

The name of his charter company is one man fishing trips. He mainly specializes in coastal TANKER seabass, but the way this season is going I'm pretty sure he is going offshore also.