PDA

View Full Version : Perris to close to Private Boaters after Labor Day?

wellbilldancesays
07-18-2014, 09:31 AM
So been hearing that Perris is going to close to private boaters after Labor day to finish the dam. Looks like it'll be closed to PB for 4 years until they finish and raise the water all the way up.

Anyone else got any 411?

http://www.water.ca.gov/lakeperris/embankment_remediation.cfm

Coleyounger
07-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Recreational Impacts: http://www.water.ca.gov/lakeperris/recreational_impacts.cfm

wellbilldancesays
07-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey thanks for the link, so from it will stay open just reduced to the number of boats?

SurfCityUSA
07-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Maybe the state could make a deal with MWD to open up Mathews for 4 years. Yeah... I'm dreaming!!! LOL!

troutsniffer
07-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Maybe the state could make a deal with MWD to open up Mathews for 4 years. Yeah... ""I'm dreaming""!!! LOL!

Me too :LOL:

DarkShadow
07-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Hey thanks for the link, so from it will stay open just reduced to the number of boats?

Dude, you're gonna have to pound the shore like the rest of us.

;-)

fisherman951
07-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Maybe the state could make a deal with MWD to open up Mathews for 4 years. Yeah... I'm dreaming!!! LOL!

Have u guys drivin by lake mathews lately?? That thing is super low

TED MILLS
07-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Hi I have a question, will this effect putting my float tube in the water at Sail Cove , will we still be able to fish sail cove

thank you

TED

jerdog
07-19-2014, 08:08 AM
I have heard that the water will go lower because of the drought conditions. I guess that the boat launch ramp will not reach the water and that would be the reason for boats not getting on the lake. I couldn't find in the links any mention of not allowing boats, just reduced capacity as the lake gets smaller. Also, no where does it say the lake will not allow float tubes, non power boat like kayaks and canoes, or not being able to fish.

TED MILLS
07-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Thank you, that makes me feel better

ted

HuskerRod
07-20-2014, 12:25 PM
The latest I heard is a draw down will occur right after labor day...15 feet. This would make the current launch ramps unusable. Im gonna start hsnding a jar atound to start a grass routes effort to fundraisr for a ramp extension. 10% of donations will go to the launch rsmp extension fund and 90% to my ranger bsss boat fund

DarkShadow
07-20-2014, 04:28 PM
10% of donations will go to the launch rsmp extension fund and 90% to my ranger bsss boat fund

Only if we get to call it, "HuskerRod's Launch Ramp."

GdHkSet1
07-20-2014, 10:10 PM
The latest I heard is a draw down will occur right after labor day...15 feet. This would make the current launch ramps unusable. Im gonna start hsnding a jar atound to start a grass routes effort to fundraisr for a ramp extension. 10% of donations will go to the launch rsmp extension fund and 90% to my ranger bsss boat fund Ha, sorry to hear about the upcoming closure. Hey with DV's ramp down to only 3 lanes and the lake getting lower each week, Skinner will be the go to lake(1 of 2 docks at ramp 1 are working), remember the boat lines out to the main road-it's coming man....
cya in traffic in Hemet Rod.

Tom
07-22-2014, 11:42 AM
http://www.pe.com/articles/water-694551-lake-perris.html

HuskerRod
08-08-2014, 10:57 AM
So does this man Perris will not lowered and private launches will continue? Or does it mean it will still be lowered and private launches will cease all together?

Misfitdog
08-08-2014, 12:39 PM
So does this man Perris will not lowered and private launches will continue? Or does it mean it will still be lowered and private launches will cease all together?

Maybe it will be a a little of both , but limiting the number of boats on the water .. heck even if they did not do that just make the lake a whole 5mph zone

HawgZWylde
08-08-2014, 01:33 PM

The author of that article is clueless. First it wouldn't matter whether there was a drought or not, the lake would still be lowered due to the retrofitting of the Dam. From what I understand the lake level must be lowered another 15ft and from what I'm hearing will be below launching level. I've heard that it could be up to two years before water can then be added, but that is hearsay.The author makes it sound as if the drought is the sole cause of the lowered lake level. I think the water release she speaks of will go directly to the water treatment facility she wrote about...

Lady Quagga
08-08-2014, 01:56 PM
HawgZ,

Here's a tip, bud.

You can't call out an author of an article, when your own arguments against them begin with:

From what I understand ...

and from what I'm hearing

I've heard that it ...

Perhaps the author should've started their sentences with, "from what I understand," (because we know how well you understand) and then add "and from what I'm hearing," (because we know the pools of websites you get your information from) and then finish it with, "I've heard that..." (because we all know the company you keep that you get your information from.)

Normal people gather information, do research, and then spout off. Apparently, all it takes you is someone saying something or hearing something someone said. You're as astute as my parrot!

Another quality post, Hawgz, and this one not even from the General Discussion area!

HawgZWylde
08-08-2014, 05:33 PM
HawgZ,

Here's a tip, bud.

You can't call out an author of an article, when your own arguments against them begin with:

Perhaps the author should've started their sentences with, "from what I understand," (because we know how well you understand) and then add "and from what I'm hearing," (because we know the pools of websites you get your information from) and then finish it with, "I've heard that..." (because we all know the company you keep that you get your information from.)

Normal people gather information, do research, and then spout off. Apparently, all it takes you is someone saying something or hearing something someone said. You're as astute as my parrot!

Another quality post, Hawgz, and this one not even from the General Discussion area!

Ah yes indeed proving once again what an elitist non-fishing dirtbag you are. This is a fishing thread so why would you want to threadjack it, troll much? Meh, you're boring...

JDS13
08-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Hopefully it will stay open, that place is my bread and butter for giant bass.

castle
08-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Does this also include kayaks?

Misfitdog
08-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Does this also include kayaks?

take into account this all speculation atm , even from the report that was linked .. But on a side note I think we should be fine with tubes and kayaks .. will be a lot safer if the lake did go to a 5mph policy as well summer time is crazy on the water , people just don't pay attention

HuskerRod
08-11-2014, 08:10 AM
Im thinking Im just gonna have to wait till Labor Day to find it what is going to happen. Im hearing closing, staying open, and, heck, one guy tried to explain a scenario to me where it both opened and closed..ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HawgZWylde
08-11-2014, 09:34 AM
Im thinking Im just gonna have to wait till Labor Day to find it what is going to happen. Im hearing closing, staying open, and, heck, one guy tried to explain a scenario to me where it both opened and closed..ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lol, well it sounds like you got all the bases covered so no matter what happens, you were right...

P.A.W.
08-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Ha, sorry to hear about the upcoming closure. Hey with DV's ramp down to only 3 lanes and the lake getting lower each week, Skinner will be the go to lake(1 of 2 docks at ramp 1 are working), remember the boat lines out to the main road-it's coming man....
cya in traffic in Hemet Rod.

Great Vince! This means the poachers (we know who they are) will over fish the LMB, selling them as tilapia to the local restaurants, and keep all the 1/2 pound stripers their coolers can hold, and the hoards of bass fishermen will be tearing around well over the 10mph limit pounding the shore with wakes destroying waterfowl habitat. Can't wait! Good news is that after a couple years when Perris and DVL refill Skinner will eventually recover.

DarkShadow
08-12-2014, 11:35 AM
This means the poachers (we know who they are)...

I don't!

Care to share?

I always like to know who the poachers are.

P.A.W.
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
DS, I've seen the outcome on this board before when someone identified a group of people known to be inclined to take, and use, fish illegally. Sooooo I won't get into that mess. I just know I have seen it myself and wish it would stop.