PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find some Browns?

troutkiller_21
04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey guys whats up. Im headed up to Convict in Oct and was wondering where are some good spots to catch some Browns. :?: Anything will help.Thanks in advance.

madhatter
04-28-2007, 10:43 AM
I've had good luck with Browns in the SOUTH fork of Bishop Creek as well as the Upper Owens. I've caught small ones in countless smaller streams. I'd say you have plenty of time to plan your course of action, though! :lol:

netdawg
05-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Cleveland

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joshua
05-01-2007, 08:08 AM
I have caught alot of smaller browns on the Owens below the power plant off of Gorge Road.
Send me a PM for specifics. Not going to broadcast the honeyhole to the general publuc on this site. TOO many lurkers and poachers.

tpfishnfool
05-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Yea, One more Raider fan up in paradise :evil: That sucks :twisted:

I have caught alot of smaller browns on the Owens below the power plant off of Gorge Road.
Send me a PM for specifics. Not going to broadcast the honeyhole to the general publuc on this site. TOO many lurkers and poachers.

fishfinder
05-01-2007, 10:11 AM

RAIDERS LOVE FISHING TOO

fishfinder
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey guys whats up. Im headed up to Convict in Oct and was wondering where are some good spots to catch some Browns. :?: Anything will help.Thanks in advance.

To soon to ask for october. i am going in may and will be leadcoring 8-10 colors at convict for browns

Joshua
05-01-2007, 12:54 PM

And still, no useful infomation, Just non-sense from the peanut gallery.

Come fish with me. I will show you where to find fish. Have you ever fallen into the Gorge. I mean descended into the Gorge :oops: :smash:

endLight
05-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I caught a pretty little Brown from the bank at Convict, on May 5th. He hit on a silver Kastmaster w/ red reflector.

but then my rod tip got too iced up to cast, so I went back to sit and shiver by the campfire at McGee Creek.

ematulac
05-16-2007, 12:26 PM
I float tubed PVR back in January and got a good mix of browns and 'bows. The browns pulled like freight trains, while the 'bows lept clear out of the water. It was a blast!

Troutman65
05-16-2007, 02:16 PM
You just never know if your going to get a brown or a rainbow. My fisrt trip the the Sierra's all I wanted was to catch a brown. My brother took me to June loop and we camped at Grant lake. I did score my first and only brown there. my brother triped out. Fishing gods must of been smiling down on me. I was so happy to get that brown. The color was awesome.

So , I think you just need to go and keep trying. You never know. It might happen on your first trip or may take many more trips to the Sierras. What ever the outcome, just enjoy fishing in God's country.

Good luck to you in your adventures

EMarty
05-16-2007, 10:58 PM
With out a doubt my first choice for browns in the fall is Grant lake in the June Loop. Fish near the inlet of Rush creek. Toss medium sized Rapalas from the bank, or better yet from a float tube... The later in the fall you wait the better it will get.

Of course the Owens River has tons of Browns downstream of PVR, but why not wait on that until winter. East Walker and Bridgeport Res. are always good for Browns, but that is about an hour drive from Convict.

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
See Troutman Dans post .You'll find that he SCORED on all browns.