PDA

View Full Version : Guide trip thurs a foggy start

TroutOnly
07-18-2014, 07:38 AM
chingsomefish wanted to do a trip thurs hit it was time to go. when we got to the lake it was clear ,but then the fog rolled in and that was over with.with the dock ramps under water we headed for the inlet first to see what was up, the fish were there but hanging deep in the center of the bay. so after no takers after we checked the whole area for baitfish and stripers we moved off. we headed for the action spot I had on mon and after some lure changes we started to get action. the bite was very slow today and the boilers only teased us all morning ,going back down as fast as they would come up.the massive water coming in slowed the bite a lot , I talked to only one guy that slayed them and he was no where near the fleet. as the day rolled along I think dave was impressed by how different the lake was to troll because of all the water being gone, we did make a stop at mt kong and we did check up the mountain for gear lost in the past I found one u-rig and dave found a bitchen home made lure ,that I think was built by the og striper u-rig gangster old man john ,it was very cool and had his touch to it. thank you dave for using my service and I hope you learned something about the new lake that's there right now.............bob............
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/07172014_0327_zpsce08c1bd.jpg (http://s403.photobucket.com/user/troutonly/media/07172014_0327_zpsce08c1bd.jpg.html)

fishinone
07-18-2014, 07:50 AM
Nice catch Bob! As usual. Congrats to you and Dave on the catching.

The lake is really different. Finding the new hotspots should be fun.

troutsniffer
07-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Nice report Bob. I was there wed and really liked the layout of that lake. Can't wait to go back

catchingsomefish
07-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks Bob, for a fun and informative time yesterday. It is kinda eerie trolling around looking up at the walls of rock all around you, kinda like being in a canyon. I was amazed at all of those old trees still standing in old ss, you would have thought they would have deteriorated by now, 40 years later. Also all of the islands everywhere...The other interesting aspect was being able to see why I had been getting snagged while trolling over certain spots the past couple of years. I had established about 20 trolling zones that I tried to hit every time I went out the past couple of years, none of that matters as they are now just beaches or rocky gulches, 50-60 feet above our heads as we troll around the lake. Seemed like the fish were almost as confused as I was yesterday, and how the color changes we made impacted what little action we had, as we went from fog, to sun , to wind.......Monkey island was really interesting, especially when we found the smoking gun as to why that one spot not only snagged the urigs, but cut them off instantly. It was great to be out fishing again, and it was good to spend time on the water with you again Bob..............Dave

Bassfan
07-18-2014, 10:09 AM
Nice job guys, looks like you got at least one bigger unit to go with the other nice fish.
The water they are pumping seems to make it harder to find where the fish are hanging out in that part of the lake.
Its a new lake from day to day.

TroutOnly
07-18-2014, 05:00 PM
if it was a normal year jim the constant inflow would create a lot of good action on the ski arm boiling and trolling,,the bigger fish was a double hookup but the other fish shook off. trolling the lake gives you alomost a fishes view of the structure....................T/O...........