PDA

View Full Version : Ban on Bluefin Tuna in Mexican waters???

larry626
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Is this true? I was just getting ready to go to San Diego for a Mexican waters trip! This really blows:

http://sdfish.com/saltwater-fishing-news/4077-confirmed-sportfishing-ban-bluefin-tuna-mexico

exfactor
07-16-2014, 07:21 PM
Yes, til 12/31/2014 No changes expected

Frequent Flyer
07-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Hop on any boat. There are plenty of fish in US waters and it'll only get better with more coming up the line. Remember it's barely mid-July. 1/2 and 3/4 day trips are killing. Just today the Malihini got 111 yft along with 18 yellows. Watch the counts and just get out there. We don't need Mexican waters, 'Merica

etucker1959
07-16-2014, 10:51 PM
After reading about the Bluefin tuna ban without any explanation I can only speculate what the real reason is. So I'm going to get on my soapbox a little and call out the fishery board of Mexico. I have seen over the years that the Mexican fishery board has it in a little bit for the San Diego sport fishing fleet. (Arguably the best in the world) It would seem the Mexican fishery board is a little JEALOUS of the San Diego sport fishing fleet. The San Diego fleet does make their living off of catching Mexican fish and I think that drives the Mexican fishery Board a little Crazy!!!!!!

Earlier examples of some of their decisions started with limits. In my early sport fishing career, any angler on a long range trip could literally take home a boat load of fish. Their next trick was to close down the tuna islands. (Boy the San Diego fleet got the last laugh on that one) As soon as they closed down Clarion, San Benidicto, Socorro and Rock of Portia. The San Diego fleet started fishing differently and caught more Cow Tuna's then they ever did before. Think of all the nonsense in recent years of trying to fish Guadalupe Island. Let's not forget that second permit they now make you buy to fish the Coronado Islands. This is just another Dog in the Mangere play by the Mexican fishery board against the San Diego fleet and the American private boaters. The problem is, "we are just too good for them to get us down."

Bonnie Beach
07-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Went passed the pens & they were full 2 weeks ago, the fleet was out on the hunt & the plane was in the sky. Guess the american dollar dosent buy much anymore.

Ambassadorhawg
08-18-2014, 07:53 PM
UPDATE: The ban has been lifted!!!

larry626
08-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Guess what's so amazing about the ban being lifted. It was lifted a few hours before I boarded a boat in San Diego. So that it was quite a pleasant surprise. Was able to bring in two Blufin on my trip :)