PDA

View Full Version : Castaic noob help needed

jeepinkal
07-15-2014, 08:33 PM
Hello all. I am going to fish Castaic for the fist time the weekend after next, but i am not sure if I should fish the lagoon or main lake. I will be targeting LMB and plan on throwing swim baits for the better part of the day or switching to a drop shot to hopefully score a couple. Should i fish the main lake, or the lagoon? I have a float tube, but read you cannot tube the main lake. Would i be better off walking the bank on the main lake? Can anyone make some spot recommendations for the lagoon? It looks pretty deprived of cover and structure.

Thanks in advance.

fishfinder
07-16-2014, 10:33 AM
I would fish the lagoon from float tube.

SO818CAL
07-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Drop shot from the dam or just right of the main launch ramp.

DarkShadow
07-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Fish the upper, get there early, and walk the bank and let your Spidey Senses tell you what to do.

You'll know early if the fish are going to be feeding on bait on top or in shallow water, or whether they will be focusing their feeding efforts down deep. Adjust as necessary, but given the choice, I'd fish the upper before I fished the lagoon.

TroutOnly
07-16-2014, 08:48 PM
go to the upper you can catch lmb's and stripers from shore right now........................

jeepinkal
07-16-2014, 09:57 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. I think im going to go with the main lake. I will walk the shore with my swim bait rod and my finesse set up and which ever was is working is what i will throw.

ela
07-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Mr.Troutonly, Is Necktie a good area to bait and wait ? Thank you!!!

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
07-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Uppers where its at