PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 Day onboard the Ocean Odyssey July 10-13 (Video)

Prowler_Tuber
07-14-2014, 04:30 PM
I signed up for this trip awhile back at the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach, I was hoping the past history of hot July fishing would happen for this trip and boy did it. I had a early weather report calling for high winds and rough seas for down south and it was correct, we experienced a lot of rocking and a lot of rolling but that didn't stop the fish at all. On day one we landed 36 Yellowfin, 4 Dodos and well over 70 Yellowtail. The Yellowfin were hammering the Halco Max 130 in the Orange burst color. We were lucky to have gotten sardines from the bait barge that were 5-7 inches mixed in with some macks and some quality chovies from 4-6 inches. I fished 8' Shimano Terez Rods from Med Hvy to Heavy. I was using a Talica 8 and 10 along with a Trinidad 14. I had 65# White Power Pro and 25 to 40 pound Seaguar Floro in Blue Label and in the new Pink Label. For the BFT I fished a very long soak on a belly hook for about 100 to over 175 yards. I used the San Diego clinch knot on my hooks, the triple surgeon knot for my floro to mono connection and I used Tony Pena knot for my spectra to mono knot. The fish were deeper in the water column but really didn't want anything other than live bait. One guy got one on a butterfly jig but that was it. The crew was 100% on point, they were quick on the gaff and there to help when you needed it. It was a great trip and I can't wait to go again. Thanks for watching, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClInShylDYc

PTN
07-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for sharing and cool video. A bit long but cool to see the catches and the fight!

MikesOcean
07-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Right on Prowler!

Great video. Looked like a blast!

Do you still go in Save-O?

Haven't seen you in awhile?

Prowler_Tuber
07-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah still there Mike haven't seen you in a while.

DANNY SMOKIN JIGZ
07-16-2014, 07:52 AM
looks like it was a sick trip nice fish brotha

blakeb
07-16-2014, 08:11 AM
Good Trip man nice DODO forsure great way to start the season and get into some bluefin before the closing!

Tunaslam
07-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Nice trip, congrats!

Prowler_Tuber
07-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Thanks it was a good one