PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. First GoPro Surf Video 7-11-14

Jaysuuun
07-14-2014, 09:15 AM
So I've had my GoPro for over a year now and have finally put together a short video of one of my sessions. I've brought it out before on previous outings but each time the fishing really sucked. I was beginning to think it was bad luck. This time was no different so I thought. When I got to the spot the beach was littered with salad!:mad: I was able to find a fishable hole and had a decent bite early. Farmed a good fish but ended the day with a nice one before even more salad started to roll in. Don't want to spoil the video but this was just a trial just to play with some fx, settings, fps, resolution etc. Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/100712276

Rooster
07-14-2014, 09:48 AM
I really liked the video. Very well done in my eyes. Love the slow motion effects. Props

basshole1
07-14-2014, 09:56 AM
Cool video man. Deltron in the background is alright in my book. Take it easy...

anchor3n1
07-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Hi Jason:

That's what I'm talking about:Cool: Very cool video!!!

If this was one of your first GoPro vids, you've got some excellent editing skills. I dig the chest point of view and the way you edited it. Keep taking the GoPro with ya cuz it's gunna be cool to capture the action of your big catches.

all the best,

Nick

Ps: your farming action was AWESOME ; )

bachiboy
07-15-2014, 01:19 AM
Very cool video J! Bummer about the lost fish...nice looking tail action as it was saying "see ya!" though.:Wink: But least you got a little redemption there with that nice bean!:Thumbs Up: Looking forward to seeing more highlight reels soon!

Don

Nipple Twister
07-15-2014, 06:02 AM
JAYSUUUN THATS AWESOME FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!! The slow-mo on the unbutton was steller, well done......sorry for the farmed fish........

As for the bad luck thing, yup, I was feeling the same way....hahahahah.......

SP Dan
07-15-2014, 09:32 AM
Hi ya Jasuuun,

You are like a pro now Brotha!
Great video footage! :Thumbs Up:
Ya had me grinning the whole time because I felt like I was right there sharing the experience with you!

And you know .... I love to fish! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

yakfish51
07-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Cool video jaysuuun!

Way to stick it too them!

Tim

DockRat
07-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Great video. I love the slo mo action. Thnx. DR

Jaysuuun
07-16-2014, 03:09 PM
I really liked the video. Very well done in my eyes. Love the slow motion effects. Props

Thanks. I did the best I could with the footage I had.

Cool video man. Deltron in the background is alright in my book. Take it easy...

Thanks. Is that who sings it? LOL I kinda just grabbed a random song with a cool beat.

Hi Jason:

That's what I'm talking about:Cool: Very cool video!!!

If this was one of your first GoPro vids, you've got some excellent editing skills. I dig the chest point of view and the way you edited it. Keep taking the GoPro with ya cuz it's gunna be cool to capture the action of your big catches.

all the best,

Nick

Ps: your farming action was AWESOME ; )

Thanks Nick. Film editing takes a lot of work but it's a lot of fun to see the end result. I'm gonna star bringing my gropro more often in hopes of filming more catching action than farming action!

Very cool video J! Bummer about the lost fish...nice looking tail action as it was saying "see ya!" though.:Wink: But least you got a little redemption there with that nice bean!:Thumbs Up: Looking forward to seeing more highlight reels soon!

Don

Thanks Don. The farmed fish appeared to be close to legal if not legal. Had a lot of fight but not a whole lot of weight. The bean was a nice surprise. It bit 3ft from where I was standing in ankle deep water.

JAYSUUUN THATS AWESOME FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!! The slow-mo on the unbutton was steller, well done......sorry for the farmed fish........

As for the bad luck thing, yup, I was feeling the same way....hahahahah.......

Thanks John. I'm hoping to put some better footage together soon. I wanna try recording at a higher frame rate. I've read that you can get smoother slo mo's that way. Also been thinking about different POV's rather than just at the chest.

Hi ya Jasuuun,

You are like a pro now Brotha!
Great video footage! :Thumbs Up:
Ya had me grinning the whole time because I felt like I was right there sharing the experience with you!

And you know .... I love to fish! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Danimal! Nothing tells a story better than a video. Takes some work to put together but the process is pretty fun.

I see you pulled the trigger on a new kayak! When's the first maiden voyage?

Cool video jaysuuun!

Way to stick it too them!

Tim

Thanks. Hoping to put another video together soon

Great video. I love the slo mo action. Thnx. DR

Thanks DR. I'm hoping my next vid will have better slo mos.

Tesserz
07-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Good job hunny... on the video and the bean. :Thumbs Up:

One more inch and you would've tied mine. :Envious: Maybe next time. :LOL:

I'm sure you'll be coming up with lots of new ideas to make even cooler videos and edits in the future. :Wink:

**Does anyone know how to post the actual vimeo video into the thread instead of just posting a link?**

PTN
07-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Nice video Jason. I'll have to ask you later how to edit some videos. My computer is a little slow, so it sucks to having to edit stuff :LOL:.

anchor3n1
07-16-2014, 07:19 PM
**Does anyone know how to post the actual vimeo video into the thread instead of just posting a link?**

Yes

You hit the "film strip" icon in the post editing menu at the right. You get the window that allows you to paste the video URL which embeds the video into the post. I tried to do it on my iPhone copying Jason's video link to show you but I couldn't. But Jason can easily edit his OP and do the above steps to embed the video in his OP.

Nick

Tesserz
07-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Yes

You hit the "film strip" icon in the post editing menu at the right. You get the window that allows you to paste the video URL which embeds the video into the post. I tried to do it on my iPhone copying Jason's video link to show you but I couldn't. But Jason can easily edit his OP and do the above steps to embed the video in his OP.

Nick

WOW, that was way easier than I thought it would be. :LOL:

Thanks Nick!! Much better now. :Razz:

murrieta angler
07-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Jason Braaaa!!
Very nice job with the GoPro...:Big Grin:
I really enjoyed the slow mo shots and especially the rewind of the lost fishy...:Envious:
I will look forward to more vids in the future.
Take Care & Tell Tess Hi...:Smile:
Robert
<><

anchor3n1
07-18-2014, 06:45 AM
WOW, that was way easier than I thought it would be. :LOL:

Thanks Nick!! Much better now. :Razz:

Hi Tess

You are welcome:Envious:

CrouchingNinjaHiddenFish
07-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Deltron 3030 :Cool:

it was cool video man

Which Way Out
07-18-2014, 06:55 PM
That was a fun video to watch. The speed really made sure you don't get bored. Even found myself rockin to the mu-zak..

WWO

Raneman
07-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Dope editing, dope music, dope effects, dope fishing, dope video. Good job Jason, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to more videos from you.

Raney

skunked4life
07-23-2014, 09:08 AM
So far, my favorite video this season! Great, GREAT editing! It was super exciting!

See you at HG6 if not sooner!

Ken

Wingnut
07-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Sweet video bro... love the part when the LC comes flying back at ya... been there, done that. :LOL:
Hope to fish with you soon. If not, I'll see you and Tess at HG6. :Big Grin: