PDA

View Full Version : ceviche

fishingboysdad
07-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Mom made some barracuda ceviche from barracuda we caught on the speed twin from ciscos. Delicious.will try to post pic later

Jig-Guy
07-13-2014, 04:49 PM
How do you make it and does it tast good? I have never been a Baracuda fan (eating them) but I am interested. I may be missing someting good!

etucker1959
07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
How do you make it and does it tast good? I have never been a Baracuda fan (eating them) but I am interested. I may be missing someting good!
I'm not a huge fish eater but some Barracuda I have eaten have been quite delicious. The secret has been to take care of them while you're still on the ocean. Ice them down if possible. When you're ready to cook them, take the time to cut out all the blood veins in the fillets. Cooking them is quite simple, just use a little flour and salt and pepper and just fry them up yum yum. I know the question isn't about eating fried Barracuda, but I thought I would share this with everyone any way. lol

Ceviche is prepared with lemon juice and some secret ingredients you might want to add. Barracuda is ok crevice style but my favorite fish to eat that way is Calico Bass.

old pudd fisher
07-13-2014, 06:47 PM
I would catch them all the time years ago and would cook them on the barbecue grill in the backyard, I would pour lots of lemon juice them while cooking. They tasted ok to me but my wife hated them. Don't think I would eat one now cus ya never know where that cuda has been. He might have been swimming in the Arabian Sea at one time and ate a hunk of Bin Laden's dead Body. :EyePop:

DEVOREFLYER
07-13-2014, 08:25 PM
I would catch them all the time years ago and would cook them on the barbecue grill in the backyard, I would pour lots of lemon juice them while cooking. They tasted ok to me but my wife hated them. Don't think I would eat one now cus ya never know where that cuda has been. He might have been swimming in the Arabian Sea at one time and ate a hunk of Bin Laden's dead Body. :EyePop:

If your scared of something that might have ate a hunk of Bin Laden don't sink your crab pot in that area. :Envious: