PDA

View Full Version : One bad day, One good day

elbowlayer
07-12-2014, 06:27 PM
Went out Friday morning, there was a thick layer of fog over the lake and I had big bass dreams in my head. Well it seemed like all I had was problems. I was able to land a nice 3.7 lb bass and a few small dinks. It seemed like every time I had a nice bass on the line something bad happened. I had a break off, 2 other ones spit the lure out, and constant snags. Well I went back Saturday with a better game plan and all in all a better day. Although I hooked up with less fish today, they were all quality size, and more importantly I was able to land them! My two biggest fish of the day ended up being the first and last one I caught. Here's a quick video of both.

http://youtu.be/ax-1Z9HdmLQ

DEVOREFLYER
07-12-2014, 06:49 PM
Very nice job, quality fish indeed. It looks like that new watercraft is working out for you. Great video with the weight evidence, no fish tales from you my friend.:UDaMan:

elbowlayer
07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Very nice job, quality fish indeed. It looks like that new watercraft is working out for you. Great video with the weight evidence, no fish tales from you my friend.:UDaMan:

Thanks buddy, best 400 bucks I spent in a long time buying that yak.
I forgot to add the water is SUPER clear still, you can easily make out the bottom at 20 ft. My morning fish slammed a hard bait between 10-12 feet, and the last one was a senko on drop shot, also 10 feet, but stationary. I had already thrown a crank bait over them a few times. I tried looking for some good deep water bite spots, but haven't found any yet. Ill keep looking.

jaggerbub
07-12-2014, 07:04 PM
That makes me wanna buy a yak... Congrats on the nice catch.

DBass
07-12-2014, 08:00 PM
good job out there, i too was out there for a quick morning sesh but stuck to the shallows around the tullies south west of the lake and had one hit on a senko but missed it. lol weeds seem to be all gone except on the bottom. seen about 20+ boats at the inlet, was funny to see, wish the rentals wouldnt hog the dock at the ramp! LOL

Stinkbait
07-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Those blue water proof fishing topo maps are pretty good to find the deeper spots.
Showed the deep hump off the inlet a few hundred yards out and the ridge off the inlet buoy line too.

P.A.W.
07-13-2014, 06:25 AM
The water is crazy clear huh? At one point I almost felt like I was fishing in the High Sierra.

Big-Bob
07-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Nice video and fish. Is the 5.1 your new PB at Skinner?

good job out there, i too was out there for a quick morning sesh but stuck to the shallows around the tullies south west of the lake and had one hit on a senko but missed it. lol weeds seem to be all gone except on the bottom. seen about 20+ boats at the inlet, was funny to see, wish the rentals wouldnt hog the dock at the ramp! LOL

The rental boats hogging the dock is driving me crazy as well. If you are picking or dropping off gear that is fine but do not sit at the dock for 20 min while people are bringing or taking it to the car.

I hope the fix the second dock soon.

elbowlayer
07-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Nice video and fish. Is the 5.1 your new PB at Skinner?

The rental boats hogging the dock is driving me crazy as well. If you are picking or dropping off gear that is fine but do not sit at the dock for 20 min while people are bringing or taking it to the car.

I hope the fix the second dock soon.

My PB at skinner had to be an 8-9 pound bass, (before i bought my new scale), I have a video of it posted. Ive seen some small boats launching from point two in the last few weeks, now that the water is up. Although the boat traffic is up, it seems there are less speed freaks out there making large wakes. Thats the hardest part for me in the kayak, ill be in dead calm water and all of a sudden ill get hit with like 4-5 big waves, scares the poop out of me sometimes. So if you see me out there throttle down for me lol, thanks

Pete Marino
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Good job out there ... we kinda struggled from shore... I was trying to call you sucka... we were lost being on shore all day.. lol

good job again!!

Pete

DEVOREFLYER
07-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Good job out there ... we kinda struggled from shore... I was trying to call you sucka... we were lost being on shore all day.. lol

good job again!!

Pete

Tough being "Boatless bank trash" isn't it. lol

Pete Marino
07-15-2014, 12:53 PM
haha Skinner is tough from the bank this time of year..thats for sure..

Pete

elbowlayer
07-15-2014, 01:10 PM

good job again!!

Pete

I looked for you guys before I left sat, but I didn't see you guys. I get horrible cell reception while im on the lake,,,, or at least that is what I tell my wife, lol. Thanks again Pete, I got no shame in saying it, after my guided trip with you my numbers and quality of bass has gone up. Im not saying one trip with you and everyone is a pro, but you definitely pointed me in the right direction and answered all my questions. Thank you again!

DEVOREFLYER
07-15-2014, 01:35 PM
haha Skinner is tough from the bank this time of year..thats for sure..

Pete

Skinner isn't the only lake that's tough from the bank this time of the year. It's not called "the dog days of summer" because the fishin's off the hook. lol

Pete Marino
07-15-2014, 01:51 PM
That's for sure. Which is why I fish from my boat in the deep water at Perris.. ...either way. it was a nice getaway..

Pete

DEVOREFLYER
07-15-2014, 02:08 PM
As a former member in good standing of the "Boatless bank trash" and "Tin boat rental club" nothing beats having a boat to call your own.

Pete Marino
07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Just because someone doesn't have a boat doesn't mean they are "Boatless bank trash" as you say...in fact, some of my buddies who don't have boats can flat out catch bass as good or better then a lot of guys who have boats..

Pete

old pudd fisher
07-15-2014, 09:13 PM
As a former member in good standing of the "Boatless bank trash" and "Tin boat rental club" nothing beats having a boat to call your own.
Yep that's for sure DEVORE I have been proud owner of this fine vessel for sometime now. :Rolls Eyes:

old pudd fisher
07-15-2014, 09:53 PM
And it's even has a electrical engine on it, can ya see it in the pic. Oh heck I am funnin .