PDA

View Full Version : today 7/10

Matt_Magnone
07-10-2014, 08:42 PM
on the water at 12 off at 6:45. funny to see all but 6 trailers in the lot. wild. main goal for today was to test a bunch of new baits trying to get aquainted with them. fishing was a little slow until the wind started to blow then the bite turned on. nothing over 3 pounds and probably 8 fish. thermocline is in 35' so as long as you're pounding bank you should be able to catch them. i metered all over from deep to shallow and the fish were at all depths and on all types of structure/cover. it's literally a "just get out and throw something" kind of bite. make every bite count and fish HARD and you should be able to scrounge up something. I focused mainly on reaction baits in 0-5' today just trying to luck into something. never did find anything really good but it was just enough to keep things entertaining. majority of fish for me today were 2 pounders. all but 2 were caught on the east side of the lake.

fastdc5
07-11-2014, 01:57 AM
There were huge size bluegill biting only. Bass n strips were slow and spotted hand size 8-10 inches bluegills so threw some nightcrawler to bring in board something at last. No skunk at least

HawgZWylde
07-11-2014, 08:31 AM
You know, it's the days like this that I really enjoy. You have to work at it and earn those fish, it's the hunt I guess. Sure, I love the days where you catch buttloads of fish in spring or fall when there's a bazillion of them in the obvious spots, but it's days like this when you gotta put it together and make the sob bite, after you find it.

Thanks for the report Matt...

darknight63
07-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Was out there Thursday also, we were the only rental boat they said, we fished hard for 7 fish and 3 lost ones, all on Texas rig in 10 to 20 ft of water, wind did come up early in the day, made it tough to stay in a spot, anchor would just get pulled along...Water was way down from 4 weeks ago, was very depressing, but it had giving me a chance to get great notes and pictures of the lake so when it does back up, will have a great idea of the structure around the lake. Always love to see your reports Matt...great info..Thank you

Fnguyen5992
07-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Hey Matt how did u do night fishin?....bite was hard I thought..

Matt_Magnone
07-12-2014, 10:11 PM
got fish but i thought it sucked. the moon had the fish kinda messed up. moved around a lot but never found anything really legit.