PDA

View Full Version : Fished Perris

TED MILLS
07-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Hey guys well I fished the lake last Monday and then again this morning, it was warm both days, more so winds today and I had to put the musle to the peddle today, I wish I could tell you I caught some both days I had no luck at all, there was no one fishing the banks at all, there were water skiers tearing up the water.
Just entering thru the gates is a thril, all these beautiful acres of land, all the quiet rolling hills with wild life there, I have yet to see deer but the rangers say they are there, I park my suv behind the deer crossing sign, ok I am lieing but I would love to see them, there are tons of tent campers way to the west of the park

Ok have fun

TED

bassgrabber1
07-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Lots of deer on the south shore and the island. You should be able to catch fish in top water ... good luck

Misfitdog
07-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Glad to hear you got out again Ted , The bass are biting .. big worms 6"+ , seen 3 fish this week on Carolina rigged worms in the 8lb range . i know because I weighed 2 of them for a few lucky guys . as far as deer go ,as bassgrabber stated the south shore and island are hot spots for deer right now (watch out for the racoons during the day there if you have to get out of the tube and stretch the legs out ) Lots of panfish still bedding as well . so there is variety to be caught ..

Good Luck out there Ted and thanks for the report

chompot
07-10-2014, 06:15 PM
I need to throw my binos on the boat to look for deer when it is slow. I always forget to look when I am there. Too busy looking at the water. The island in early in morning should be a surefire way to spot them if they are on there.

They allow duck hunting (once full again), rabbit hunting, and upland bird hunting. It would be cool to allow a few archery deer tags as well.

Fishingkid97
07-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I've seen some deer out there this year. Seen some coyotes eating dead pan fish on the east shore. I wish they would allow duck hunting again just seems to be excuse after excuse on this every year. Someone keeps dropping the ball.

DEVOREFLYER
07-10-2014, 07:31 PM
It's California you should be thankful that we can still hunt as restricted as it is. Arizona on the other hand just raised the Dove limit to 15 from 10, might just have to make the drive this year.

shiromaguro88
07-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Hey Ted I was tubing out there on Tuesday and I was the only one on the float tube. I only managed to get one small one on drop shot purple worm. Some boaters were telling me that they are deep right now. But I was fishing sail cove and I didn't see any one on the boats have any luck either.

Pete Marino
07-11-2014, 08:25 AM
The early mornings are beautiful at the lake right now.. Get there early enough and youll see the fog on the water around the grass, youll see the Deer swimming to and from the island. Youll see the coyotes making their rounds...quail, dove, ducks and rabbits everywhere its like Spring time if you get there early enough... And the Bass Bite is really good if you know where to look... lots of things going on!!

Pete

TED MILLS
07-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Thats great Pete all that wild life, at on point in my life I lived in Decator Ga, fifteen miles east od Atlanta, my brother in law was a Doctor in Monicello Ga and owned five hundred acres, good Pasture land and a good line of pine trees loaded with deer , he gave me permission to walk or hunt , it had a three bedroom house on it to camp out of.
Georgia is beatiful.

TED MILLS
07-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Glad to hear you got out again Ted , The bass are biting .. big worms 6"+ , seen 3 fish this week on Carolina rigged worms in the 8lb range . i know because I weighed 2 of them for a few lucky guys . as far as deer go ,as bassgrabber stated the south shore and island are hot spots for deer right now (watch out for the racoons during the day there if you have to get out of the tube and stretch the legs out ) Lots of panfish still bedding as well . so there is variety to be caught ..

Good Luck out there Ted and thanks for the report

Yes I love Periss Lake, cannot wait till me Geese come back, and I my back yard it has the rod iron fence, I have nine Racones and two Possom that come threw every night, my back yard is very very small and I have the State Park block fence close to me.

TED MILLS
07-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Yes you got one , that is great, and just being there is wonderfun . I may go tue

dday07
07-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Deer can be seen early in the morning and best right before dark...pretty much the same with fishing.

chompot
07-11-2014, 05:24 PM
I wish they would allow duck hunting again just seems to be excuse after excuse on this every year. Someone keeps dropping the ball.

The current reason they are giving has been the water level. I never hunted there when the lake was full so I do not know. The reason I have been given was that the blind spots (maybe just some) are on the shallow east side of the lake and that area is has not had water since they lowered the lake. Supposedly after the dam work they will refill to full capacity thus allowing duck hunting again. Who knows!

Fishingkid97
07-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Last season it appeared to have plenty of water in the east end to duck hunt. The birds loved it. I fished it before waterfowl season during and after and seen lots of ducks using that east end. I heard there's someone dropping the ball on this issue and not pushing it through. Could be rumor but who knows guess we will see if the water level ever gets back up to full capacity and see what they do. I also heard if and when it opens it will no longer be hunting from boats they want to have the hunters hunt from land and no dogs so this can become an issue.

chompot
07-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Last season it appeared to have plenty of water in the east end to duck hunt. The birds loved it. I fished it before waterfowl season during and after and seen lots of ducks using that east end. I heard there's someone dropping the ball on this issue and not pushing it through. Could be rumor but who knows guess we will see if the water level ever gets back up to full capacity and see what they do. I also heard if and when it opens it will no longer be hunting from boats they want to have the hunters hunt from land and no dogs so this can become an issue.

Hummm I had not heard that, but it also sounds like a lot of this is hearsay. I agree tons of ducks during season no matter the water level, but that is to be expected. If I am not mistaken the lake was down a few feet before this current 6 ft draw down. So lets say last winter the lake was at current "normal" which is 3-6 feet down from full capacity. If you raise that to full capacity you just opened up a TON more area on the east end for hunting. No dogs sounds ridiculous. I would love to hear that reasoning and then remind them that birds, coyotes, deer, dogs and even humans all pee and crap in that water.