PDA

View Full Version : Got one today

dday07
07-10-2014, 10:44 AM
At our fav. watering hole...caught on watermelon ika...couple guys had 5 in the 4lb. range caught on live bluegill.. oh well, had a pix but won't upload...he went about 3lb.

DarkShadow
07-10-2014, 02:49 PM
couple guys had 5 in the 4lb. range caught on live bluegill.

Aww that sucks! Did you call CalTip?

gogreeenz4
07-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Caltip is about as effective as our southern border........

ironic they are both government run???? strange maybe E*ucker can explain this all for us in a Sheldon type of way......

etucker1959
07-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Caltip is about as effective as our southern border........

ironic they are both government run???? strange maybe E*ucker can explain this all for us in a Sheldon type of way......
I know there was a little bit of sarcasm involved, but I do have an opinion on this matter. The local lakes and ponds are my favorite places to fish. Unfortunately the DFG wardens who's zones our local lakes fall into, also over lap with the Salt water. I feel they made a conscious decision to spend most of their time enforcing DFG rules pertaining to the Ocean fishery and virtual ignoring our local lakes and ponds in the summer time. Why do I think that??????

Through my own observation and the testimony of others I formed my own strong opinion on the matter. Let me explain my position. (I'll try not to go too Sheldon on you) In owning my own business and then becoming an Independent Contractor I can make my own hours. (Lucky Me!!!!!!) So I put a priority on being able to fish the Catfish plants on the day of planting and the next day. Well I caught a lot of fish and C&R 99% of them. I also saw the most blatant amount of poaching you could imagine. Over limits left and right!!!!! I did try to call Cal tip on numerous occasions and got ZERO Response. In fact of literally hundreds of fishing outings over a 10 year period, I NEVER SAW DFG ONCE DURING THE SUMMER. I would see them in the winter time but never in the summer. Why because it's cold at the ocean in the winter time and there is not a lot happening there.

Further I did become cordial with some of the poachers because they were there every time they stocked Catfish. So I asked them, "did they ever get caught by the DFG for over limits?????" They answered " yea" they been caught before. So what happened in court???? A lot of them said, "they gave the judge a big sob story how poor they were and they needed to eat those fish." A lot of times the judge would let them off with just a warning. I think the Wardens figured that out and went out looking for bigger fish to fry. Guess who they found????? A bunch of middle class people or better with money who could pay a fine if given a citation. Who were they????? Private Boaters who fish the Salt water or Party Boat anglers. You need a fair amount of money just to fish in the Salt water and I think that's where the wardens spend most of their time during the summer months. So calling Cal Tip in the summer to report some fresh water violation has low priority in some zones. ( I guess I did go a little Sheldon on you guy's again sorry!!!!!) lol lol lol