PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento River/ Delta Fishing

fishnsince92
07-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Hey guys,

So I will be heading up to Sacramento for some testing. The test is on July 25th at 2:00 pm. I will be leaving from Orange County on July 23rd. My plan is to drive up part of the way and fish. Then wake up on the 24th complete the drive to Sacramento and fish some more. I will also be fishing early in the morning on the 25th. I have never fished the Delta or any body of water in the center of the state. I have only fished the Eastern side and the Western side of the state. I am looking for any ideas on a place to fish on the way up the state and for a good place to fish on the delta. I wont have the boat with me due to this being a semi-business trip so all my fishing will be done from shore. Any ideas are welcome. I have gear for practically any species that could be targeted in the state so that will not be an issue. Also, if anyone in the area would like to meet up while I'm up there I am open to that idea. There is a chance that I will be relocating up there so it would be nice to get to know some fishing holes so I am prepared when/ if I am to move up there.

Fish On,
Grant

Fishing_Wife
07-11-2014, 12:11 PM
We go up to the Delta every fall, you really need a boat to fish there, but there are a couple of places. One place is to go downtown Rio Vista to a place they call Sandy Beach, here's the address, you can fish from the shore here, 2333 Beach Dr, Rio Vista, CA 94571, if you ask at Haps bait shop they will direct you there too. Or you can fish down highway 160 at the 3 Mile Slough Bridge, you can park and walk down to the shore, you will probably see cars there. I think you can also fish off West Sherman Island Road. My husband and I have a really good map, you can probably get one at the bait stores, either Haps or Rio Vista Tackle on the main street, highway 12, in Reio Vista. Good luck.

Fishing_Wife