PDA

View Full Version : Fightin' Trout-No dinkers

The Walking Trout
07-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Hey All,

My friend and I went up to BBL the other day and slayed the trout up there. I took pics but the size is too big for me to upload.

Anyway, my bud and I fished on the north shore for most of the day past the Red House. We did some bait and wait using power bait and I caught 3 two to three pound trout in about 2.5 hours. It was awesome. Missed a couple too. My friend caught two on PB.

Then we traveled to the dam area on the south side and I used a slip bobber with a night crawler with a salmon egg. The crawler was about 15 feet deep and I got slammed twice. Another two at 2 to 3 pounds. My friend caught the rest of his limit on power bait with a 2 foot leader near the rocks. He just tossed it a few feet out so it didn't go too deep.

Easy and great fishing. Beautiful days up there. So worth it. Quality pink meat fish, nice little fatties, and great tasting. And....I did not have to pay the $15 like at GVL for little dinkers.

Austin E
07-09-2014, 07:57 AM
I was up there on Monday and saw a couple on a boat near china island pull out 3 fish about the size you're describing, using yellow powerbait. I was there to swim so I only brought one pole and my lure box. Unfortunately, those fish didn't like anything I had in my box. I got one 12" dink all day. Lots of fish in the lake though for bait users. Sounds like a good day!

The Walking Trout
07-09-2014, 11:40 AM
I was up there on Monday and saw a couple on a boat near china island pull out 3 fish about the size you're describing, using yellow powerbait. I was there to swim so I only brought one pole and my lure box. Unfortunately, those fish didn't like anything I had in my box. I got one 12" dink all day. Lots of fish in the lake though for bait users. Sounds like a good day!

Yes indeed. It was a great day or fishing. Only better is the Sierras. When BBL is good... It is great! And it is free. Just need a license you know? No pay lake prices like SARL, Corona, or green valley.

Power bait seems to be working well up there.

Anyone fish Windy Point or Juniper? I'd like to know how those spots are doing?

I tried some lures from shore but couldn't get them out far enough.

vonfranko
07-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Juniper seems to be all carp and bullhead right now. Trout moved to deeper areas.

The Walking Trout
07-10-2014, 02:00 AM
Juniper seems to be all carp and bullhead right now. Trout moved to deeper areas.

looks like it. thanks for the info. I will hit up the same areas again.

I am going to try the dam again with a slip bobber, weight on the bottom and two to three lines above the weight. I usually get pretty lucky with this method also. I am going deep on this method!