PDA

View Full Version : Sierras Bachelor party, Parcher's Resort

Joshua
07-07-2014, 09:32 PM
First, need to thank Smitty and his crew for working with us. The size of our group changed more times than I can remember, but Jared worked with me and made this an awesome trip. I can recommend Parcher's .

My oldest nephew is getting married and he came up with the idea of a fishing trip. He thought SARL would work. I instantly shot that down and mentioned BBL. He came back with the Sierras. That is all I needed. Give me an excuse to head to the Sierras and BIshop is our base camp

Headed out on June 27th. Stopped off at Lone Pine sand trap around 6am. Very slow. In an hour we pulled one rainbow. Not my idea of WFO. Headed up stream and fished along Whitney Portal Rd and pulled a few here and there. Around 10AM, we headed to town for some gourmet cuisine at McDonalds.
Shot up the 395 and checked Independence Creek (way too low) Headed to Taboose creek. I really do like this creek despite the barren surroundings. We caught several bow, couple small browns, garter snake and a red racer (snake). If you ever try to catch a racer, you will understand the name.

Ran up the hill and fished Big Pine creek. Couple guys in our crew didn't have much experience, so I dropped them at the pond at Glacial Lodge and I headed for the creek. I really needed wading boots to fish this fast moving creek properly. I pulled a few nicer rainbows from the creek.
It was getting late in the day so we decided to head for Bishop. Made the mandatory stop at Manor Market for the necessities.
Checked in at Parchers and fished the creek around camp. Water is running high through camp, so we had to find the eddies and pools that held fish.
Dealing with a group of younger adults (that act like rookie drinkers) made for a long evening.

Saturday June 28th:
The drunks didn't want to get up, so I ran to Sabrina and rented the only boat left. Came back to Parcher's and the drunks still weren't up. To me, sleeping past 6am on a fishing trip is blasphemy. I politely made a bunch of noise and made a few threats. I will beat a grown man for screwing with my fishing. I had to remind myself that this was a bachelor party for my nephew and not " my fishing trip". I confused the 2 more than once. We finally made it to Lake Sabrina around 9 AM. I had to make 3 trips to ferry all the guys to the inlet. I will have to say we slayed it at the inlet. We fished from shore. There were 4-5 boats that had the inlet locked up. It was obviously one large group. It was a very steady bite. We nailed them on Powerbait, power worms, eggs, lures and jigs. I am not sure if we found anything that didn't work. I got bored with the catching and headed up the creek. I quickly returned after encountering a steady attack of mosquitos. Once you get into the tree line, the mosquitos were horrible. Our sunburns will attest to the fact that we stayed in the sun.

Left Sabrina around 3PM and the fish were still biting but it slowed considerably. Apparently, we were in town for the Luau at Bishop Creek Lodge. We were informed this is a "MUST" attend event. We bought our tickets early as it is a sold out event each year. $40 for all you can eat pit roasted pig, goat and turkey and Mai Tai and Margaritas. I joked that I could take this off my "bucket List". Great party if you are in your late 50s. Food was OK, drinks were below average and the company was a bunch of old folks. I guess I wanted smoking hot women in their 20s. Everyone seemed to have a good time. No fights.

Sunday June 29th.
Got an early session on Bishop creek. I was looking for the mountain lion that had been spotted for 2 consecutive days around camp. Pulled a few bows and 1 nicer brown. Got everyone loaded and camp cleaned up.
Headed for home and stopped at Baker Creek for a few rainbows. Tried Gooddale Creek, which I will skip next time. Very little water and fewer access spots. Reminded me of a smaller version of Tuttle Creek. Still managed a few fish. Just too exposed to fish during the day. You get baked out here.

Reluctantly jumped in the truck and made the drive back to OC.

Had a great time. Made some more memories, Tea-bagged my middle nephew (have footage). Couple of the guys had never been to the Sierras and they already want to come back. If they want to come with me, they will learn to get up. I don't care if they wake up to shots of Patron (that was my trick), but get up and fish.

Thanks again to Smitty and his Staff. He has a couple new young guys that are good dudes, even if they went to Orange Lutheran. Servite is the ONLY High School in OC worth a damn. Go Friars!!

Nicelag
07-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Great report Joshua,

O'Lu in the house at Parchers. Come on Smitty, what are you thinking? Must be hard up. Oh well, guess that's better that Mater Dei lol. Go Friars!!!!

Mike

Sierra_Smitty
07-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Hahahaha.....bachelor parties are definetly not the usual group situation for Parchers but you guys were all cool and respectful and it was a pleasure having you. Glad the boys had a good time!!!

I have no idea how you can smack on OL in favor of Servite....who wants a sausage party for High School? come on dude!!! hahaha

troutdog
07-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Sounds like a great time in the Sierras....lol @ rookie drinkers

TD

Agro
07-12-2014, 01:47 AM
Tea-bagged my middle nephew (have footage).

Haaha! That's awesome! Totally cracking up! :LOL:

Joshua
07-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Haaha! That's awesome! Totally cracking up! :LOL:

Now that I see it in print. It sounds stupid. But it still makes me laugh. I surely don't act my age.
young at heart.

Beancounter
08-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Sounds like a great trip my friend!

I surely don't act my age.
young at heart.

And don't ever loose that.

Raider Nation Baby!