PDA

View Full Version : Quick Silverwood report

fishincouple
07-06-2014, 09:38 PM
Went to the Wood today. BRAVE, I KNOW!! Morning was nice. Metered a lot of fish in Miller. Water looks good. You can see the algae breaking up and thick weed mats diminishing. By 11 we couldn't find a cove and the wind was starting to pick up. Found a little tight fitting cove with some structure and depth in it and baited up for some striper action. Minutes into it, hooked into a nice, big fish...lost him in the structure. Caught a few striper, then a few 5lb class catfish. Healthy and strong. Nice to break in the new pole that way. Good time, good fishing...and the water was good enuff for a swim. On a side note...did see a few bass and striper belly up in Miller...but that's the only fish and the only place. Fish On!

Dci4me
07-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Good job over the hot weekend. I just bought a house in Hesperia, so looks like Silverwood will be seeing a lot of me, in between home improvement projects.

seal
07-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood!

DEVOREFLYER
07-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the hood!

Corrected it for ya. :Envious:

fishincouple
07-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Dc....Welcome to the neighborhood! We'll have to get together and fish the Wood!

seal
07-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Corrected it for ya. :Envious:

I'm in a little Shangri-La within the hood. Although my Shangri-La is still too damn hot!!!!

DEVOREFLYER
07-08-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm in a little Shangri-La within the hood. Although my Shangri-La is still too damn hot!!!!

I like to call mine "The Redneck Riviera". :Envious:

Dci4me
07-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Sorry to hijack your thread Fishincouple. I am off of Sultana and Escondido south of the new Wally World. I used to fish DVL mostly, my fishing partner has a Ranger. When I fish shoreline I am usually tossing the big swimbaits.

Hope to be out soon. Sod is next on the list for our home.