PDA

View Full Version : What happened near Silverwood?

seal
07-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Well this is a mystery!? The 138 has been closed a good chunk of the day and they just now opened it up going one direction. This must really have screwed up all the party animals heading up there on Sunday. Saturday they were parked way up the road the lot was full (as usual on July 4th weekend).

Somebody in a car hmmmm? I wonder if they found a dead body or something but they are indicating it will be closed another 12 hours possibly, pretty serious.

http://rotwnews.com/2014/07/06/police-investigation-shuts-down-highway-138-near-silverwood-lake/

ghettofishermans son
07-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Seen it on the way this morning we stopped along with one other guy who was on the phone with the cops unfortunately an older gentelman died he was laying face down in the sand a few feet away from his car . Was a pretty graphic scene not sure if he was murdered or not but by the looks of it I'm pretty sure it wasn't the crash that killed him he was in the soft sand sholder looked as if he had pulled over. Very sad incident

MikesOcean
07-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Very sad news.

Was hitting up the wood tomorrow.

If 138east is closed I'm in trouble.

I have no idea how to get there with alternate routes. Any advice just in case it is still closed that won't take too long?

DEVOREFLYER
07-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Mike you can check the road condition at this site:

http://cad.chp.ca.gov/Traffic.aspx

MikesOcean
07-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Thanks Dev for the link. That should help.

Now let's just hope I put my step bro on fish.

DEVOREFLYER
07-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks Dev for the link. That should help.

Now let's just hope I put my step bro on fish.

If your thirsty on your trip back from the lake stop by and I'll supply the "COLD BEER". You will pass me coming and going to the lake.

seal
07-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Very sad I'm sorry to hear of this. I'm sure I'll get more of the story in a day or 2. Speculation sucks but I have to believe it was foul play expected based on the amount of time the road was closed.

DEVOREFLYER
07-06-2014, 08:48 PM
UPDATE – Sunday, July 6 – 7:57 p.m.

Silverwood Lake, CA – San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Homicide Detectives are investigating the death of a 50-year-old man who was found adjacent to his vehicle on the shoulder of Highway 138 near Summit Valley Road.

SO BadgeThe Sheriff’s Department has identified the victim as Philip Alexander Smyth. His hometown was not listed in the media advisory.

THE INCIDENT

At about 5 a.m., Sunday, July 6, the California Highway Patrol, San Bernardino County Fire, and Victor Valley Sheriff’s Station officers were dispatched to what was originally believed to be a traffic accident on Highway 138 near Silverwood Lake.

When first responders Arrived at the scene, they discovered a vehicle on the side of Highway 138 with a deceased male subject at the vehicle.

Specialized investigators from the Homicide Detail were summoned to the scene to assume the investigation.

HIGHWAY 18 CLOSED

Highway 138 was closed in both directions for several hours while investigators looked for clues to Smyth’s death.

The roadway reopened in both directions at about 4:45 p.m.

MikesOcean
07-06-2014, 09:05 PM
If your thirsty on your trip back from the lake stop by and I'll supply the "COLD BEER". You will pass me coming and going to the lake.

Thx Dev.

Text me your address. If I don't stay too late, I will hit you up.

DEVOREFLYER
07-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Thx Dev.

Text me your address. If I don't stay too late, I will hit you up.

Sent you a PM. Good luck fishin'.

MikesOcean
07-07-2014, 04:58 PM

Sorry Dev! I just couldn't stop for some victory beers in exchange for fish because there wasn't anything to
Celebrate about. :(

Today goes down as one of my toughest days. Not even a short bite.

Algae was in full force. Even if I trolled in the middle of the lake my rig was loaded
With crap in two minutes. I think I need to go old school and start hitting multi day trips again. lol

Thank you again for the kind offer. Maybe next time when i am not so bitter. Haha.

DEVOREFLYER
07-07-2014, 05:18 PM
No problem and no fish for beer was expected. A cool one or maybe two would have made your day better, next time, oh hell anytime.