PDA

View Full Version : July 4th "local tight lipped crew" report

Bassfan
07-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Not posting much lately (and some people noticed). It has been a bit if a grind to find the striper hangouts with the new water levels. Each week the body count has been going down with the lake level. Braved the holiday boat traffic on July 4th to go out again and it was the toughest yet.

Started with some trolling for about 2 hours and picked up 2 small ones and farmed 1. Water temp was 80 and the water level was depressingly low. The toughest part was finding them. Saw one or two fish jump early but not as much surface activity as I was expecting.

Talking to a bass guy in line he said he was there Thursday night and saw some guys catching striper on topwater near the end of the day. It has been a late day bite for a while now with the mornings being fairly slow and the guys who fish later hitting them better late in the day.

Had plenty of bait so decided to anchor and try for some deeper fish but they were hard to find even for bait fishing. If I saw a few on the finder and got the anchors down the fish were no longer showing on the finder and rarely even swam by. Went hours in 4 different spots without even a bite for the first time ever. A lot of boats in the same general area were sitting and waiting for a long time with nothing happening.

In the lakes defense I did see a couple small ones and one nice size catfish pulled in by other boats around but not many. The fleet was set up at Necktie in midday so I assume they found something there but by 11:00 the lice were active and the wind was blowing especially in the ski arm making it too unattractive for me to set up in that area.

Went back to trolling for the last hour or so and picked up one more but again not seeing much on the ff to tell me where they were hiding and there were wide mudlines all over.

The day before I made the huge mistake of telling my wife it was no problem to bring home stripers for the family cookout. I think the fish gods smacked me for taking advanced orders.

catchingsomefish
07-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Nice report Jim, so much for promising your wife fish for dinner, LOL. The conditions seem tough on multiple fronts, water level low, which makes it more difficult to get away from the lice, and finding the fish in new unfamiliar structure....Just got back home a couple of days ago, but I hope to see you out there in the upcoming weeks......Dave

loweboat
07-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Thank you for the excellent report Jim.

I just read a half price deal on Travel Zoo from Marina Del Rey Sportfishing. $49 for 2, $25 for 1 for 4.5 hours. Deal starts 7/20 ends in October. Please check their website to confirm.
This includes poles and bait. I seldom go ocean fishing, but that seems like a good deal.

Bassfan
07-06-2014, 09:59 AM
I seldom go ocean fishing, but that seems like a good deal.

Fishinone has been getting some great ocean fish. I haven't gone ocean fishing since puking my guts out for hours a few decades ago but as tough as things have gotten I may consider it!

TroutOnly
07-06-2014, 10:42 AM
.................L-T-L-C.....................................I was going to come out jim ,but decided I didn't want to fight the crowd.........................T/O...................

flyhigh123
07-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Get the patch and you won't get sea sick :)

fishinone
07-06-2014, 01:58 PM
Lets start a new group!

Castaic Pirates.

Take what you can and give nothin back!

How much information do we have about wide open bako bites?

LOL!

LOL!

TroutOnly
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
you have to watch out ron you don't want youre pirate crew mixed up with the BAKO-BOY-BUTT-PIRATES ...........they like fishing only at night by the light of the pumphouse.................LOL..................... ..

trail blazer
07-07-2014, 09:12 PM
WoW!,,,,,,,,Great to see that some just can,t stop thinking abought the bako boys,,,,,,actually that's quite a honor, thanks!

were here guys,,,see youall out there:Wink:

trail blazer

fishinone
07-08-2014, 07:56 AM
Avast matties! Give up the latest bako (dozen dink - dd) slay swag or I'll have your guts for garters!

TroutOnly
07-08-2014, 08:59 PM
its a one way street ron..............................

cutbait
07-08-2014, 09:23 PM
I misread the level of contempt the TLTLC has for its fellow Bako anglers

Indeed Scott, indeed

trail blazer
07-09-2014, 08:08 AM
SEE My brother SEE

can you feel the love,

TRAIL BLAZER

fishinone
07-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Shiver me timbers!

What is TLTLC?

trail blazer
07-09-2014, 09:34 AM
well,,,,,,,,,here,s how I see it,,,JMO of course ,

If I choose to post My business,,,,,,,,,,,Those that are bothered by this WELL just a shame to be so insecure of your own ability to follow up behind the masses and still catch fish,,,,,,,

Some write up a tutorial on how to catch stripers in the duct OR in lakes and then try to coax others into NOT posting dosnt really make cense to me

TRAIL BLAZERS motives are like this,,,,,,,,,,screw the STUPID drama guys,,,GROW UP !LOLOLOLOL

I remember a cpl yrs ago a certain person that was a very frequent poster,,,,,,

EXACTLY THE SAME THING,,,,,,Here we go again,,,lol,,,,,,,,Im still here.

no doubt that this will ruffle some feathers,,,,,,,,,SO WHAT!!

its only a one way street if you have tunnel vision

See you all on the water!\

TRAIL BLAZER

PS yada yada tight lipp,d crew!

cutbait
07-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Tltlc..

"The local tight lipped crew"

Forgive me if I'm wrong...

I'm reading into this as tltlc is not reporting success, glorifying "pirate crew" of old Fnn, (who were known as a tight lipped crew and so on and so forth), info seems to be a one way street, and laugh in the face of the Bako boys.

( I can speak from the Bako boys perspective)

Bako boys share bites, water temps, lake conditions, boils or no boils, bikinis or no, life long friendships, pics, and mostly lures used (exception of one out of respect for TO)..

We will let FNN history judge

trail blazer
07-09-2014, 09:41 AM
By the way BASS FAN,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for the report and sorry bought the post bombing,,,,,

Been working to much lately to be able to fish and the reports keep my feeling somewhat NOT as mad abought it,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

MikesOcean
07-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Sounds more like "LLSS" theory to me. (Loose lips sink ships)

Thanks bassfan for the report!

The way I see it, if you have been part of FNN for sometime now and not reporting, it only means 1.) your not fishing or 2.) you have nothing exciting to report including a WFO Dink bite that your not proud of.

Almost everyone of us here will post up if we caught anything we are proud of. If not so in your case, what are you still doing here on
FNN? Lurking?

Hitts0n
07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
you have to watch out ron you don't want youre pirate crew mixed up with the BAKO-BOY-BUTT-PIRATES ...........they like fishing only at night by the light of the pumphouse.................LOL..................... ..

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo!!

trail blazer
07-09-2014, 12:09 PM
you have to watch out ron you don't want youre pirate crew mixed up with the BAKO-BOY-BUTT-PIRATES ...........they like fishing only at night by the light of the pumphouse.................LOL..................... ..\

WoW Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just clear the are right now on this subject,,,,,,,,,,Talk of this nature was coin,d by the one and only GLFTS,,,,,,,I never liked it then and I DONT like it now,,,,,,,,,its childish, and just plain stupid!

Starting to get really tired of it!.

trail blazer

fishinone
07-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Arrg! I Sayy wee Keeell Haull em togetherr! That'l bring em closer!

I think you'll find that the lack of reports is due to slow fishing.

We're hoping to have something to say soon.

You bako boys are alright. Even if you can't take a joke! :Big Grin:

TroutOnly
07-09-2014, 06:18 PM
some have decided its not there job to provide all prudent info on a bite or lake conditions ,to fellow anglers who don't return the favor. I provide info to past clients all the time with the agreement the don't tell anybody ,but that's the way I have all ways handled info , unless I feel like telling something to help somebody which I do all the time , some people have short memories about such things...............that's funny............its funnier gary took you guys to the pumphouse...........lol..................

trail blazer
07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
LOL GARY WAS A LOP! Only place he took anybody was for a free ride,,,,,,,,,,once again abought your homosexual incenuations,,,Probably one of the few ways to insult me,,,i did ask you to refrain from that,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,

That should help your guide service out a lot,a real class act lol,,,,THANKS BOB I really apriciate all the mutual respect,,,

WoW! A real piece of work,,,,see ya on the water bob

NOW,,,,,,I would ask this BOB Leave the BAKO BOY coments OUT of your writeings please iv got your opinion and youv got mine,,,,,

trust me!! some things are better let go!!

Good buy!

SCOTT

TroutOnly
07-10-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm sorry but you dont get to dictate what i say or who i say it too ,and as far as insulting my friend gary, in fishing you couldnt make a pimple on his a.s.s...................

Bassfan
07-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Wow! This has taken a nasty turn!

As for the original idea of a “Tight lipped local crew” I just want to say I go fishing every week but its not my job to post a report every time. If its something interesting or fun or unusual I will post a report but joining FNN I never signed up to be a professional blogger.

When I do post I take the time to share my experience from that day to help paint the picture of the conditions and results but I don’t have the time or energy to post every week. Its not being tight lipped or withholding information.

I always help with anything I know if someone asks either on FNN messages, phone or in person and the friends I talk to every week would do the same.

No local conspiracy here.

One note: The downside to posting too often is unwanted recognition that leads to people following or checking what you're doing and if they see you catch a fish they park all around you and kill the bite. That has happened quite a bit to several of us. Moderation is a good thing.

fishinone
07-10-2014, 10:48 AM
One note: The downside to posting too often is unwanted recognition that leads to people following or checking what you're doing and if they see you catch a fish they park all around you and kill the bite. That has happened quite a bit to several of us. Moderation is a good thing.

There's no doubt about that! I don't mind helping people who i don't know catch fish but I don't want to help them catch the fish that i would have caught if they weren't camped in my spot. I've had people who I don't know ask if they could tie off on my boat.

DEVOREFLYER
07-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Ron it's the story of "Let no good deed go unpunished". Over the years I have helped or assisted many to get on fish, many took the help and became good stewards. I had a neighbor many years back that I took to a remote mountain honey hole that I had fished for many years. In fact several large Brown Trout that lived in that honey hole were caught many times by me over during those years. I know because I clipped a fin and was surprised at how slow they grew due to the size of the habitat and limited food supply to them. Well this neighbor told a co-worker and my honey hole was fished out for someones dinner and bragging rights. I have offered gear and instructions to children to help them get on fish only to be chastised by a parent. While I may post an occasional fish report or offer advice I will no longer freely give locations or specific techniques to strangers. Like I said "Let no good deed go unrewarded".

TroutOnly
07-10-2014, 01:26 PM
RON CAN I PLEASE TIE ONTO YOURE BOAT AGAIN,,,,,,,PLEASE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

fishinone
07-10-2014, 02:51 PM
RON CAN I PLEASE TIE ONTO YOURE BOAT AGAIN,,,,,,,PLEASE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do I know you? LOL

Anytime T/O!

TroutOnly
07-10-2014, 02:57 PM
you don't remember the afternoon at c-point when we slayed .................oh man ron you are getting old.........lol....................

fishinone
07-10-2014, 03:18 PM
you don't remember the afternoon at c-point when we slayed .................oh man ron you are getting old.........lol....................

I remember. To be more specific, I watched you slay! You didn't say anything but that's how I learned about the soft tipped poles.

You're welcome anytime T/O. One of the few.

cutbait
07-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Not being tight lipped my ***. You guys take us for a fool?

Don't insult our intelligence.

As far as the pimple on the *** guy..

We will never know now. If its not within walking distance the fish are safe

trail blazer
07-10-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry but you dont get to dictate what i say or who i say it too ,and as far as insulting my friend gary, in fishing you couldnt make a pimple on his a.s.s...................

Really!!!! is that all you got bobbyBOY??

Your friend gary Your choice,,,,,,,,,,,,Seems like I remember you belly aching to us abought how he drove you nuts last time you 2 fished togather 2 days 2 lakes a real nightmare as you put it! never NEVER happen again as you put it That's BACK STABBING bobbyboy if indeed he really is your friend,,,,,,,,

Im not dictating bobbyboy say what you want I just asked you to stop with the HOMOSEXUAL remarks that are so out of line you know the remarks that your FRIEND makes with everybody that he comes in contact with,,,Little boys with no guidance act like that
Not suprising to MANY many of us,,,,,,,,

Also the BIGGOT remarks that you come out of the blue with abought some other FNNers that we all know,,out of line BOB,,,,,,Thats why we will never never see eye to eye,,,,,,,,,,i have no respect for you any more,,,,,,,,how you feel abought me? Im sure you will let me know ,,, not good im sure LOL

Bassfan
07-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Not being tight lipped my ***. You guys take us for a fool?

Don't insult our intelligence.

Wow, don’t know where you’re coming from thinking I owe you regular reports when you rarely even post a comment on the reports I do post. I will post when I want to just like you do and if you think that’s tightlipped then maybe you’re insulting your own intelligence.

This is turning into another Lady Quagga mess which is another reason I was getting less anxious to post on FNN.

I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life.

Double A
07-10-2014, 05:26 PM
This 4th of July post has got sum fireworks poppin'...

cutbait
07-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Never said you owe me a report.

Never called you out specifically Jim.

But to say there is no effort on your guys part to purposely keep the crowds down at Castaic is laughable.

I know you to be an honest man as the other two gentlemen.

I challenge you guys to deny attempting to keep the crowds off of "the most crowded lake in the country"

Double A
07-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Agreed. It is not your job/duty to post on every one of your outings.
But, please don't use the lack of time/energy as the reason,
When it has already been confirmed that the "Saturday crew" took a slight code of silence.
Fish on!!! Post, if you chose.

fishinone
07-10-2014, 05:58 PM
I challenge you guys to deny attempting to keep the crowds off of "the most crowded lake in the country"

For my part, I'm not hiding that.

I let people know about great wide area bites and I want to see people do well and catch fish.

When I find nice fish feeding on one rock somewhere, I have sense enough to keep quiet. We can't all fish one rock!

This is standard stuff for fishing anywhere!

Do I expect anyone else to always give me the latest and greatest fishing information? No but if you want to, I'll be happy to listen!

This is standard too! :Smile:

BTW, I don't know of any code of silence. Just common sense.

Do we talk about keeping some things quiet? Yes. I've participated in that discussion with you most of you.

Is anybody bound by it? Not that I know of!

Everybody who's been in this discussion has access to the information that I have but I'm not going to put all of it online for hundreds of people.

Let's get together and order TLTLC t-shirts.

Bassfan
07-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Mike, I understand your statement better when you explain it that way and we have probably have been reporting less due to the problems that we experience by over reporting but any less reporting is more of a reaction than an "effort".
We are not breaking a contract or conspiring to withhold.
A post gets hundreds of reads and only a few comments and there are a very limited number of those readers that share information on their trips so if we happen to go for a while without posting I don't feel bad for the background readers.
I wouldn't expect you of all people to be upset like this when you should know that the people in your TLLC all consider you a friend and would help you, TB, MO, AA, and anybody else that wants a report before heading to Castaic.
I don't want to go on a forum to fight, I just want to go fishing and have fun doing it.

MikesOcean
07-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Everyone just wants peace!

But on a side note, AA wears women panties.

TroutOnly
07-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Thats a cheap shot on gary, mike , you shouldnt hate on him cause he is a bada.s.s. Fisherman,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
07-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Mike, I understand your statement better when you explain it that way and we have probably have been reporting less due to the problems that we experience by over reporting but any less reporting is more of a reaction than an "effort".
We are not breaking a contract or conspiring to withhold.
A post gets hundreds of reads and only a few comments and there are a very limited number of those readers that share information on their trips so if we happen to go for a while without posting I don't feel bad for the background readers.
I wouldn't expect you of all people to be upset like this when you should know that the people in your TLLC all consider you a friend and would help you, TB, MO, AA, and anybody else that wants a report before heading to Castaic.
I don't want to go on a forum to fight, I just want to go fishing and have fun doing it.
I agree 100% and feel the same.

My post a few weeks back was in effort to share the conditions of the lake. Only Dkinla has any other posts regarding lake conditions.

I admit I was frustrated seeing the lack of shared info from the guys... I termed tltc in that post to acknowledge I knew what was going down I admit.

I consider you three friends as well. Notice the honest and gentlemen remarks, as I feel that way.

Somewhere in all this it got twisted

cutbait
07-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Thats a cheap shot on gary, mike , you shouldnt hate on him cause he is a bada.s.s. Fisherman,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah I guess your right, it was low.

Perhaps you should leave his name out of it? Your hell bent in constantly bringing him up, not us. I contend its low that your invoking his name to try and piss us off.

How about you stop bringing him up

Double A
07-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Your a sick boz MO.
All lies... Lies I tell you!!!
Everyone knows I go commando.

DEVOREFLYER
07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Your a sick boz MO.
All lies... Lies I tell you!!!
Everyone knows I go commando.

No pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TroutOnly
07-10-2014, 07:58 PM
I bring his name up because hes a true friend to me just like cory ,and his joking about the pumphouse used to make me laugh and i miss that just like his storys and just like corys vids........thats ok carpboy later this year when i retire and get my new boat ,i will have nothing to do but fish all the time.......while youre still at work...................

fishinone
07-10-2014, 08:02 PM
OK guys, here's the latest scoop on the great bite.

The bigger fish are holding in schools on points 70 ft deep. The bite is slow on worms but wide open on live honey bee larva. They really prefer them with a little honey on them.

DMS
07-10-2014, 08:07 PM
OK guys, here's the latest scoop on the great bite.

The bigger fish are holding in schools on points 70 ft deep. The bite is slow on worms but wide open on live honey bee larva. They really prefer them with a little honey on them.

Make sure you use Ron's fish oil capsules to sweeten the larva.

fishinone
07-10-2014, 08:18 PM
Make sure you use Ron's fish oil capsules to sweeten the larva.

Oh come on DMS. I wasn't going to define honey for them.

cutbait
07-10-2014, 08:27 PM
I
I bring his name up because hes a true friend to me just like cory ,and his joking about the pumphouse used to make me laugh and i miss that just like his storys and just like corys vids........thats ok carpboy later this year when i retire and get my new boat ,i will have nothing to do but fish all the time.......while youre still at work...................

I thought he was a true friend of mine too!

Until he stopped talking to me because I refused his order to stop putting up duct reports.

Then he stopped talking to DK because he showed the lead eye in a report

Then he stopped talking to AA because he went fishing with me

Then he stopped talking to TB because Tb was better than him

Then he stopped talking to MO because MO talks with us

Than he disappeared for no reason.....

TB and I replaced his fuel pump on his truck in my garage after a full weekend of fishikg at tha bakoduct while he slept on my couch.

Towed him from tha duct on Halloween night while my wife and kids trick and treated without me.

Introduced him to my wife and kids only to have him spurn me over posting reports on the duct page (which my #1 fishing partner started on FNN)

So yeah, some kind a "good friend he is"

fishinone
07-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Guys,

Let it go!

You hijacked bassfans thread.

This BS belongs in the Troll forum.

cutbait
07-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Yeah let it go now...

Bako boys were called out and feel the steels name dropped to incite..

But we need to let it go?

Double A
07-10-2014, 09:20 PM
I

I thought he was a true friend of mine too!

Until he stopped talking to me because I refused his order to stop putting up duct reports.

Then he stopped talking to DK because he showed the lead eye in a report

Then he stopped talking to AA because he went fishing with me

Then he stopped talking to TB because Tb was better than him

Then he stopped talking to MO because MO talks with us

Than he disappeared for no reason.....

TB and I replaced his fuel pump on his truck in my garage after a full weekend of fishikg at tha bakoduct while he slept on my couch.

Towed him from tha duct on Halloween night while my wife and kids trick and treated without me.

Introduced him to my wife and kids only to have him spurn me over posting reports on the duct page (which my #1 fishing partner started on FNN)

So yeah, some kind a "good friend he is"

I didn't get the striper board started on FNN?

Perris Bluegill Chaser
07-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Ladies Ladies...Grow some balls....

TroutOnly
07-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Yes so carpboy can juggle them......................................lol..... .................