PDA

View Full Version : A SWAT Ground Hog Day

Nipple Twister
07-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Hit the surf this morning.....going with the best conditions led me to a local So Bay AO.......... was a beautiful morning and once again got to share it with Mark and Nic, gentlemen was good to see you.....
Left with landing one large 36" Mr. Wiggles and was latched on to something very large, head shaking, line tugging, drag taking creature....broke the surface couple times and after a few minutes of fighting it came close to landing but came right at me and unbuttoned......Mark right there at the ready with lip gripper in hand....."thanks brotha", sorry the farmer in me was overwhelming I guess......:Embarrassed:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/67b30833-326e-4fe6-a57b-ce22060bc383_zps6e8090aa.jpg (http://s173.photobucket.com/user/nippletwister_photos/media/Fishing/67b30833-326e-4fe6-a57b-ce22060bc383_zps6e8090aa.jpg.html)http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/th_RatBeach070514_zps8a1bbe0f.mp4 (http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w64/nippletwister_photos/Fishing/RatBeach070514_zps8a1bbe0f.mp4)

Wingnut
07-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Very cool Brother John, god to see you out there again. Good to hear that Marc & Nick was out there too! :Big Grin:
Regarding the lost fish, you win some, you lose some... the fish gets to win once in awhile too. :Wink:
Keeps you coning back for more!
I'm just relaxing today. Spent the last couple of days up North fishing with our Northern S.W.A.T. Brothers.
Man, what a trek we all had, Mikey had us walking/hiking at least 6 miles yesterday to some extremely remote & rugged beaches. :Shocked:
I'm in full recoup mode today... feeling my age, lol :LOL:
Well worth it as I experience the best monster Perch fishing, EVER! :Razz: Report coming next week.:Wink:
Enjoy the rest of your 4th of July weekend my friend. :Cool:

bachiboy
07-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey John,

Tough loss there man...been there, done that. Good to hear that you got to spend some time in the surf with Mark and Nick. Looking forward to seeing all of you in a few months if not sooner!:Wink:

Don

SP Dan
07-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi ya John,

Your SNGF has some unusual reddish coloring at it's nose and fin tips areas.
Do you know if this is the sign of a female breeder? Non-the-less .... I'll bet she gave you a worthy fight .... right?!

You're getting to be very skilled with the usage of your GoPro ..... what was supposed to be in the underwater footage? I was thinking bait fish perhaps.

Thanx for the fish report with pic's! :Cool:

Dan

dlmoo312
07-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks to the report John. Sorry about the lost fish. Were you able to get a look at it when it broke the surface? I can't help but to wonder whenever there's a lost fish.. Even when it's someone else's :LOL:

-Daniel

Nipple Twister
07-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Very cool Brother John, god to see you out there again. Good to hear that Marc & Nick was out there too! :Big Grin:
Regarding the lost fish, you win some, you lose some... the fish gets to win once in awhile too. :Wink:
Keeps you coning back for more!
I'm just relaxing today. Spent the last couple of days up North fishing with our Northern S.W.A.T. Brothers.
Man, what a trek we all had, Mikey had us walking/hiking at least 6 miles yesterday to some extremely remote & rugged beaches. :Shocked:
I'm in full recoup mode today... feeling my age, lol :LOL:
Well worth it as I experience the best monster Perch fishing, EVER! :Razz: Report coming next week.:Wink:
Enjoy the rest of your 4th of July weekend my friend. :Cool:

Thx Arthur, had plans for the previous Thursday 'cause I had it off but forgot about some plans Mama had so I got trumped. Thinking that was gonna be my only chance all weekend based on the surf predictions but after re-checking on Fri it looked promising. That fish fought HARD, kept giving quick head pulls then take a bunch of line, I would get a little back but just as quick "tug, tug, tug," and Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........line going out the other way up the beach!......thats ok, I'll be back....

If that intel came from Mikey then I would go without question, he is, after all, the Yoda! I can recall several guys and gals saying the same about following you....
Looking forward to reading about it.....

Nipple Twister
07-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Hey John,

Tough loss there man...been there, done that. Good to hear that you got to spend some time in the surf with Mark and Nick. Looking forward to seeing all of you in a few months if not sooner!:Wink:

Don

Thx Don, yeah tough loss but no worries, was such a fun rush I was thankful to have been there........ the last guys I would imagine running into but couldn't ask for better company, I don't think there has ever been a chat with Mark that I haven't gained some sort of new info, tactic, intel...........just really cool folks.

Looking for ya soon my friend.........

Nipple Twister
07-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Hi ya John,

Your SNGF has some unusual reddish coloring at it's nose and fin tips areas.
Do you know if this is the sign of a female breeder? Non-the-less .... I'll bet she gave you a worthy fight .... right?!

You're getting to be very skilled with the usage of your GoPro ..... what was supposed to be in the underwater footage? I was thinking bait fish perhaps.

Thanx for the fish report with pic's! :Cool:

Dan

Thx Danimal and your very welcome. Not sure what the reddish color is about, anyone?????? Was a tough fight but foul hookin one of these is like dragging a sheet of plywood thru the water........

The video is just what I was able to get that day, I have been trying to get some good fish footage but so far not much due to either no hook-ups that day, glitch in GoPro software or battery dieing which was the case today. During the fight with the unknown fish I hit the record button and got about 15 secs of video and then the battry died and stopped recording........the underwater shot was just hoping to get whatever since the water seemed clear, lots of smallish Leos swimming about........still working on it, will get some good stuff soon ......... I hope.

Nipple Twister
07-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks to the report John. Sorry about the lost fish. Were you able to get a look at it when it broke the surface? I can't help but to wonder whenever there's a lost fish.. Even when it's someone else's :LOL:

-Daniel

Thx for the kind words Daniel, never got a look at it..........Mark thinks it was Halibut, musta been HUGE if that was the case.........I'll be back......

PONTOON
07-07-2014, 04:17 PM
Glad you were able to get out John. :Cool:

Reading the heartbreak part of the report sounded just like a few lost cats.......Keeps ya coming back though. :Thumbs Up:

anchor3n1
07-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi John:

Keep up the GoProing. I like your video style. I am looking forward to the video of one of your cool catches soon!

take care,

Nick

Nipple Twister
07-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Hi John:

Keep up the GoProing. I like your video style. I am looking forward to the video of one of your cool catches soon!

take care,

Nick

Thx Nick, appreciate the support my friend...........I guess I need to invest in some more batteries........

Nipple Twister
07-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Glad you were able to get out John. :Cool:

Reading the heartbreak part of the report sounded just like a few lost cats.......Keeps ya coming back though. :Thumbs Up:

Thx Kemo.......ya know, even though it came loose right near the sand no bad feelings, was a really fun fight that I felt good about being a part of.....plus, like you said, I'll be back right?......

Now, if I can convince my boss that a couple of weekdays are needed to capture that creature then it will be epic........

Which Way Out
07-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Sorry John for such a late reply. Mike aka Bones and I are getting slow in our old age...

So you had a good fight with Mr Wiggles. Always fun but somewhat disappointing when you're really looking for something more tasty.
Booking a trip for next Sunday night after this post. Ventura over nite on the 20th. 16 people only. Still some spots. Hint hint.

WWO

Jaysuuun
07-14-2014, 02:34 AM
Sorry to hear about the lost fish John. I had a similar experience recently. Never fun but that's fishing. Nice SNGF!

I've had my GoPro for over a year now and have just begun to mess with it. The battery life does suck. Been thinking about getting the larger battery pack, the Bac Pac. Sells for about 50 bucks.

bloox8
07-14-2014, 09:45 AM
It hurts every time..

These damn fish are such heartbreakers!