PDA

View Full Version : Pudd 7-1-14

Bass Boy 14
07-02-2014, 08:21 AM
My dad and I went to the pudd last night from 7-9. My dad got a couple dinks on a drop shot and I got the skunk. Oh well, still fun to see my dad catch a couple.

The fish are shallow right now going after tons of shad. Tried some reaction baits (topwaters, crankbaits, etc.) but couldn't get any to bite.

Tight lines,
BB

dday07
07-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Good going for your dad...went last week and in the morning and yes...very active chasing bait fish...light coming up too early for me right now to get those ''at dawn'' fish...sure it's good BTW ..Have you learned how to walk the dog yet? it's a great technique

Bass Boy 14
07-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Good going for your dad...went last week and in the morning and yes...very active chasing bait fish...light coming up too early for me right now to get those ''at dawn'' fish...sure it's good BTW..Have you learned how to walk the dog yet? it's a great technique

Been working the spook lately. Got the technique down, but haven't had a blow up on it yet.

dday07
07-03-2014, 07:13 AM
Hey Bass Boy..my bro and i were thinking of hitting up the North Shore tonite..have you been on that side lately? Curious how fishing's been over there..hows the weed growth? thanks

Bass Boy 14
07-03-2014, 07:59 AM
That was actually where we were fishing. We wanted to try it out and he caught a couple dinks.

The weeds are not too bad and there are a lot of shad right near the shoreline with some small bass chasing them. I did see a couple big ones jumping out a lot further, which is why I tried the spook. Just one warning, that area gets hammered by wind constantly.

Good luck

Oh yeah, we were fishing the rocky beach by the umbrellas.

dday07
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks for info...yeah, wind always a pain on that side