PDA

View Full Version : Skunked 6/21

aquavaj
07-02-2014, 07:25 AM
We got there a little late, around noon. Drove up the north shore and lots of fishing pressure and tons of boats. Stopped at the cutoff hoping to get a spot but it's pack so we head back towards the dam. We set up by the outhouse. Tried just about everything - nightcrawlers, powerbait, waxworms, mackeral. My brother and I trolled for about an hour with castmasters, swim baits, spinners. Nothing. No one else catching anything.

Brother and I drove back to Juniper Point and tried the docks and the rocky point. Nothing and no one else really having any luck either. Water is very murky. Then tried the other dock at the little park. Lots of people fishing but looks like just small catfish being caught. Water again very murky with lots of algae. Left back to join the other guys at original spot and fished about 30 mins and left shortly after sundown cause we were getting murdered by the mosquitos.

Nice day to be out but tough day for fishing.

allIdoIsfish
07-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Next time try the south shore. We were killing them there that same weekend. I'll prob be back over there sometime this month